8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to switch to the K&N SRI because of the heat shield primarily, What will the sound difference be? I love the sound of the Fujita and if the K&N is any softer I will certainly keep the Fujita. Cold Air is out of the question because I live in Vancouver where it tends to rain and the fear of hydrolocking is great.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Its not any quieter than the fujita for sure and might even be a bit louder. I have a K&N and the heat shield does not seem to help much with heat soak but the intake itself is probably the best short ram on the market from what I have read. On Hondata's dyno runs with flashpro, the k&n outperforms any other short ram on the market in terms of horsepower gains. Also, I have never thrown an engine code with it and my friend with a Takeda short ram always throws codes.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the answer....as far as workmanship goes and quality i am assuming it is top notch considering the higher than average price tag?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Want to switch to the K&N SRI because of the heat shield primarily, What will the sound difference be? I love the sound of the Fujita and if the K&N is any softer I will certainly keep the Fujita. Cold Air is out of the question because I live in Vancouver where it tends to rain and the fear of hydrolocking is great.
K&N is louder. It's ridiculous. I heard both and went with K&N just because it sounds ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
fujita is a little louder than K&N just to let you know, i had both and compaired it myself. i had injen sri also and that's the loudest intake i had on my fa

·
Registered
376 Posts
Its not any quieter than the fujita for sure and might even be a bit louder. I have a K&N and the heat shield does not seem to help much with heat soak but the intake itself is probably the best short ram on the market from what I have read. On Hondata's dyno runs with flashpro, the k&n outperforms any other short ram on the market in terms of horsepower gains. Also, I have never thrown an engine code with it and my friend with a Takeda short ram always throws codes.

are we talking about a K&N V1 or K&N V2?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a K&N and the heat shield does not seem to help much with heat soak but the intake itself is probably the best short ram on the market from what I have read. On Hondata's dyno runs with flashpro, the k&n outperforms any other short ram on the market in terms of horsepower gains.
The heatshield is there for a reason, it is the SOLE reason that the intake develops more power than other SRI's.

There have been tests with a few SRI's and CAI's. K&N develops the lowest IAT's for a SRI, about 13 degrees lower than a Fujita or AEM. However, the temps on a CAI are about another 8-10 degrees cooler than that.

Like everyone else is saying, the sound and worry-free driveability of an SRI is worth the tradeoff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts