8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just throwing this out here because ive found a pretty decent deal on an Injen CAI. However, I already have a K&N SRI.

In your opinion, would it be worth it to convert over to the CAI? Will I have any problems with it due to my factory fog lights?

I also live in an area that, at times, gets some pretty deep puddles. The intake comes with the 'hydro-shield', but does it really work? It is also noted that the Injen CAI can be converted to an SRI, is this also true? If so, how easy is the conversion?

Answers to the above questions, or any and all comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Chris

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
if you found a good deal on a cai and your weather conditions are better than us in vancouver, i'd say go for it. i chose the sri route because the difference in gains in power between the two are minimal, and i wouldnt have to worry about driving around puddles

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you found a good deal on a cai and your weather conditions are better than us in vancouver, i'd say go for it. i chose the sri route because the difference in gains in power between the two are minimal, and i wouldnt have to worry about driving around puddles
Thats exactly why I got an SRI to begin with. I did do a bit of searching and the ability to convert from CAI to SRI in only a few minutes is awesome, IMO. So im takin the deal :thumb:

·
Administrator
45,045 Posts
The Injen CAI will not convert to SRI. I dont know how or why people think it does....The piping is two piece but it is impossible to fit the filter to only the top half of the piping to make it a SRI. It wont fit.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Injen CAI will not convert to SRI. I dont know how or why people think it does....The piping is two piece but it is impossible to fit the filter to only the top half of the piping to make it a SRI. It wont fit.

What if you used a different filter?

Hmm, I cant see the image here @ work. thats dumb

·
Administrator
45,045 Posts
Would you want to try to cram an air filter between the transmission and the radiator? Even If there was a filter that fit, I cant see that being a good spot for an air filter. The Injen CAI is.....a CAI

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you want to try to cram an air filter between the transmission and the radiator? Even If there was a filter that fit, I cant see that being a good spot for an air filter. The Injen CAI is.....a CAI
I can see the pictures now, but that looks like an Si (k20)... im talking about the one for an EX (r18). The engine bays are pretty different... not to mention that the intakes go in different directions.

edit: nevermind. im blind. that is an r18 engine.

·
Administrator
45,045 Posts
I can see the pictures now, but that looks like an Si (k20)... im talking about the one for an EX (r18). The engine bays are pretty different... not to mention that the intakes go in different directions.
Those are pictures of r18s....

The piping goes straight from the throttle body towards the radiator, then curves downward and goes under the battery tray to where the stock intake resonator is mounted. The injen cai has a join right after it curves downward. This location is between the transmission and the radiator, hardly an ideal place for an air filter.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are pictures of r18s....

The piping goes straight from the throttle body towards the radiator, then curves downward and goes under the battery tray to where the stock intake resonator is mounted. The injen cai has a join right after it curves downward. This location is between the transmission and the radiator, hardly an ideal place for an air filter.
Yea, i took a second look @ the pictures and realized im blind.

We'll just have to see what happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts