8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching on whats better for my car and whats not for a while and I have read and learned that both CAI and SRI give out problems.

I am wanting to modify my 2006 Civic EX Sedan to be a more confident car to drive because I just don't feel confident driving the car because of it's unstable handling. I will be focused more on suspension and handling modifications but I do want to make the engine a bit peppier with an intake modification/upgrade.

Would the K&N drop in filter be the best option for this car since heat soak won't be as present? or is the problem not too serious and I should get the K&N SRI and modify it with heat resistant tape and get a reflash instead? I'm looking more towards low to mid range power and no lag on the pedal but I am not sure on which option is the best.

I will be installing lighter 17 inch wheels on it soon and the lightweight pulleys will go in soon. Any response will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2008 EX Coupe and I’m going to talk from my experience.

I recently got the drop-in K&N filter, 6k miles ago, and honestly there were no noticeable difference, don’t get me grown, first couple days were fine of course felt fine and you can clean it and re-use it, thats cool as well.

Now talking about Air Intakes, I learned those gives you a bit more power, there is a video on youtube of a guy testing his R18 engine with and without CAI, that may work for you; and I think if its properly installed there won’t be any issues.

I also read on this website that the heat wrap make its work with a turbocharger. But since you are getting a SRI sounds logic wrap it.

The Cold Air Intake from K&N is something I will buy after fix little issues on my car.

Hope this can help you.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2008 EX Coupe and I’m going to talk from my experience.

I recently got the drop-in K&N filter, 6k miles ago, and honestly there were no noticeable difference, don’t get me grown, first couple days were fine of course felt fine and you can clean it and re-use it, thats cool as well.

Now talking about Air Intakes, I learned those gives you a bit more power, there is a video on youtube of a guy testing his R18 engine with and without CAI, that may work for you; and I think if its properly installed there won’t be any issues.

I also read on this website that the heat wrap make its work with a turbocharger. But since you are getting a SRI sounds logic wrap it.

The Cold Air Intake from K&N is something I will buy after fix little issues on my car.

Hope this can help you.
Thanks man!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts