#99-5000 is the kit I bought too..it has the aerosol can too.
Instruction for cleaning are in the box...but here are the basics
1) remove filter
2) use aerosol spray to clean filter
3) rinse with water (run water backwards from airflow)
4) shake it out really well and allow to dry
5) Oil filter (lightly) (do not over oil the filter)
6) put filter back in, and you then you are good to go...
7) if you saved your original paper filter, you can put it back in and drive the car until the k&n gets dry...
As stated instructions should be in the box too...hope this helps.