1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 Civic EX 1.8 i-Vtech.

Questions:
1) Is it easy to install?
2) Does it really add more hp or is that a load of bs?
3) How bout mpg? Does it help?

any answers or comments are sure to help

Ryan

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
yes
it does on, but only slightly. Most people wouldn't even tell the difference after an install (besides the noise)
i've heard it does but I never noticed a difference

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I've been hearing. I'm just starting to put mods on my car and I'm trying to figure out what I should do first and the air charger seems like a nice first step, would you (or anyone else for that matter) agree?

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I've had a K&N air filter on every single car I've owned. From a 2.0L boxer turbo (WRX), 2.0L inline N/A (FG2), to a 3.0L inline N/A (Lexus SC300), and even a 1.8L inline N/A (corolla). I've experienced zero difference in terms of power or MPG on each car, which makes me wonder why I buy them every time...?

·
Registered
674 Posts
It's a very good start. Alot of people start here and then open up the exhaust side of the engine with a header and catback exhaust. Doing one piece by itself you may not feel a difference. Doing all three will make a noticeable difference and they complement each other very week. Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a very good start. Alot of people start here and then open up the exhaust side of the engine with a header and catback exhaust. Doing one piece by itself you may not feel a difference. Doing all three will make a noticeable difference and they complement each other very week. Good luck!
Yeah that's somewhat what I'm planning on doing. it may be a while before I have the money to replace the header and get the whole catback that I want, but thats my goal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts