8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JV's 09 Atomic Blue EX Coupe (Pic Heavy)

Well, these were posted in my 'intro thread' but figured I'd put my stuff here as I start to upgrade etc.

Quick List of Mods:

Wheels/Tires/Suspension

17x7 Enkei EV5 (Hyperblack)
Yokohama S.Drive 225/45/17
Eibach Pro-Kit

Security/Interior/Comfort Goodies

Formula One Window Tint: Classic, 5% Rears, 50% Fronts
Viper 5901 Auto Security with Remote Start
Pioneer 6.5" TS-D1602R on rear deck and doors

Exterior

Removed Civic emblem from trunk.

More to come ... I'm freakin' broke!

02/11/2009 Brought my girl home!
Pardon the crappy cell phone pics.

2/27/2009 Got the windows Tinted. 5% Rears, 50% Fronts.
3/2/2009 Removed the "Civic" badge from the trunk.

3/6/2009 Got My Rims/Tires/Springs! 17x7 (38 Offset) Enkei EV5's (Hyperblack) with Yokohama S Drives 225/45/17, as well as my Pro-Kit installed.

Updated Pictures:

3/14/2009

Viper 5901 Alarm with Remote Start installed

4/3/2009

Pioneer 6.5" TS-D1602R on rear deck and doors

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually dig the styling of the 09's. The only part of the car I truly hate the looks of is the grill.

The rims are okay. I definitely prefer them to hubs/steelies. But since I have the cash to get the new rims, these are gone like the wind. Most likely gonna give those to a friend of mine.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the good words :)

Now I'm just figuring out what to do to her next.

Thinking my next step is actually buyin' a camera, so I can do away with crappy cell phone pics. (Hey I bought an iPod just for the car so eh .. why not?)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I now see that in you r original post, How did I miss that.

You got any rubbing issues with that +38 offset?

When hitting bumps etc?

I like those wheels.

They have some called Hyper Black but it looks gray like yours on line.

Are yours the Hyper Blacks?

Where did you get them and how much?
I made the change in the original post. Figured if you had the question, someone else might have it in the future.

I've only had 1 instance of rubbing, but it was a steep/awkward driveway I was coming out of. So far no problems with the offset. Standard speedbumps aren't an issue as long as I treat 'em as speedbumps. I went with the 225/45's, but a 215/45 might be a better fitment in regards to the rubbing issues.

Those are the hyperblack rims. They're more a medium gray, but kinda change darkness based on the angle you look at 'em from. The cost was 157 each from a local Discount Tire. Tirerack also has them.

So far I've been very happy with this setup. I'll post more about it as I drive a bit more, to find out where the rub came from. Wasn't able to see anything on the tires themselves. I don't often have passengers in the car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.