8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...after 5,000 miles and they wore fairly well considering I drive them pretty hard on a daily basis. Just had to remember to readjust the tire pressures again to 45 front & 35 rear, the handlings even better now after the first rotation.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That setting is comfortable for the stock michelins, I used to run the race setting at 35 psi on all 4 when I had those and they felt great, but these new tires are a whole other animal, different compound and tread design, they feel horrible even at 35 psi on the fronts.

Read through all my replies in this thread and you'll see the progression that lead to my decision to run these pressures.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/whee...hese-continental-extreme-contact-dws-yet.html

why do you have the tire pressure so high? i thought its suppose to be 32 psi

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
I ran 44 all around on my stock goodyear 16's. handled great and good mpg, but just too rough for city (nyc) driving. great on highway though

my buddy has these in 18s on hfps and they ride great.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but what was your technique in placing the jackstands on both the front and rear jack point. I find it impossible to use a jack at the jack point and slide a jackstand in.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Good question...upon further observation you'll notice theres a small steel support rail that follows the length of the entire underside between the jack points from front to rear, just place the jack head on a portion of the rail that's closest to the actual jack point and you're good to go.

Excuse my ignorance, but what was your technique in placing the jackstands on both the front and rear jack point. I find it impossible to use a jack at the jack point and slide a jackstand in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just installed a set on my 06 Si with 18" HFP wheels and as someone said "they feel like riding on marshmallows". I'm going to up the pressures as you posted, thanks!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keep in mind you might be good with a slightly lower pressure in the fronts than me due to your 18's lower profile.

I just installed a set on my 06 Si with 18" HFP wheels and as someone said "they feel like riding on marshmallows". I'm going to up the pressures as you posted, thanks!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
No they went up. They are like $145 at tire rack now and like $166 at discount tire. The money you save isn't much considering you have to wait for them to arrive and then pay to get them installed. It pretty much negates the savings.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Just bought these from Discount Tire @ $119 per for 205/55 R16 for my wifes car. They are hard to find in stock, DT was the only shop that said they could even get them. They were on backorder for a while because they are so popular.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just got mine in 215/45 17 from DT for $122 each. They then gave me a $50 instant rebate. They had to order them from Georgia, and they only took 2 days to get to Indiana. So far, I'm loving these tires. They are much better than the General Altimax HP tires that I had before.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Recently the handling felt a tad soft on the front end during spirited driving, and after checking it the pressure in all four tires dropped 3 PSI again due to the ambient temp changes, that seems to be the only issue with these tires but otherwise they're great.

·
Registered
809 Posts
No they went up. They are like $145 at tire rack now and like $166 at discount tire. The money you save isn't much considering you have to wait for them to arrive and then pay to get them installed. It pretty much negates the savings.
You want a good tire, your gonna pay the price! Why go cheap on a set or tires that will only be half as good? by the time your on your next set, you would of paid for these ones, which will last longer, and then some. lol.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts