8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All, Just posting some pics i took with my new camera to see what everyone thinks. I can't decide whether or not i like the rims on the car, i'm thinking about painting them as i can't really afford new ones, whats everyone think?
All comments welcome THANKS!

October 2 - Window tint update!
I tinted my windows , 20 in the back 40 in the front came out great, Also a quick pic of me getting ready to install my steering wheel eblem.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Pics came out great. Car looks real clean. The rims don't look bad, but there is something about them that just doesn't flow with the rest of the car IMO. If you were to paint them what color were you thinking?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i completely agree! they just don't flow i think it may be the studs in the outerside of the rim. And as for a color i was going to go with black :S or i was really interested in the bronze though i think it would look good.

That picture really makes me second guess on not picking up the jdm red badge

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The JDM Badge is da bomb baby :p I love my JDM badge on my black baby!
I love the look of that car....my rims are HFP but I would go with the bronze anyday if I had my time back....maybe eventually I will take the plunge for new rims...its a disease!!

Btw, Car looks great...really clean! Flows alittle off..you know like when a woman puts on nice sexy black dress and on her feet she wears white shoes!!! fashion No-No....Your baby needs some sexy shoes to go with her outfit :D I have to talk in my female terms to explain my thoughts ;)
Can't wait to see what you do....

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
love the pictures. i went into halifax and drooled over it the other day lol. cant wait for christmas :D

as for the rims, i wouldn't bother painting them. i would sell them imho. but just to let you know (if you didn't already know) no matter what rim you pick, it will always look off riding at 4x4 status. your rims would look semi decent if you lowered it 1.5".

as for colors. white, black, bronze

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
love the pictures. i went into halifax and drooled over it the other day lol. cant wait for christmas :D

as for the rims, i wouldn't bother painting them. i would sell them imho. but just to let you know (if you didn't already know) no matter what rim you pick, it will always look off riding at 4x4 status. your rims would look semi decent if you lowered it 1.5".

as for colors. white, black, bronze
waiting for you to upgrade your suspension so you can give me a killer deal on the hfp kit:wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
here's one of the nicest NBP civic's on this site imo. nice and clean.

i believe the rims are a 18x9 +35 (or 17x9 +35) enkei rpf1 powdercoated white.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm partial to white wheels but Janet's post of those beauty bronze Volks (TE 37's?) has me thinking to go with bronze. Either way good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
the car is owned by Ace. so it's not mine. but i believe you can get them off ebay.

·
Registered
84 Posts
wow.. those white rims look so good :)
I cant afford new rims right now either, so sometime over the winter, after i get my steelies on, im just gonna get my stock 16's powder coated..
Anywhere around here that does a good job powder coating rims, with somewhat good prices?

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
^some place in burnside is pretty good. joe got his si rims powder coated white there. looked good!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Precision Powder Coating Inc. 24 Simmonds Drive in Burnside. They have a website you can check out. I can't exactly remember but I think it was like $70/75 a rim. Turned out great.

dropped.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
im not a fan...doesnt flow well

dont waste your money painting, save your money and buy some rpf1s or any better rim /:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts