8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG, the Magnetic Pearl is a GORGEOUS color! Stunning! Amazing! Fantastic!
It looked dark gray with metallic blue sparkly flakes in the paint on Saturday when I first saw it. But tonight, it looked deep midnight blue, nearly a purple color, though the purple effect may have been from the flourescent lighting at the dealer. The interior is a dark blue. The seats are mostly blue, with a lighter colored trim. Gray I think, but it's hard to tell at night. But they are 85-90% deep blue. Not a more even mix of gray and blue as people have wondered about. Floor mats are deep blue too. If Honda had made the SI or the Civic DX,LX, and EX in Magnetic Pearl, they would be making a massive fortune. Color was completely worth a 3 month wait!!

I am a doofus, and always name my cars. This one is named Timothy.

I took pics, but it was night time. I will take more tomorrow, and hope to have them ready tomorrow or Thursday!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, I think it's a guy car. ;) Just seems like a guy car. I have had girl cars too, but this one seems all boy.

My mom has an Opal Silver Blue Hybrid, and I've driven it quite a bit. They drive like regular cars, they really do. Other than them shutting off at stops, and their quietness, it's hard to tell you aren't driving a regular car. Of course they don't have the pick up that the SI (especiallly) and the regular Civics do, but they have all that they need. Only time I notice even a bit of an issue is going up very steep hills. I live in rolling low to moderately hilly country, and the car does fine. No trouble keeping up on the highway. You can hit well past 80 and have no clue. I'm not sure I'd buy one if I lived in the Rocky Mountains, but luckily for me I don't live in the Rockies.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
awesome to hear. I think you're among the first few people on the site with the hybrid so far. I can't wait to see the pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts