8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a tune for my 2007 civic Si FG2 with 83,000 miles, Injen CAI, and Strup header. I will keep everyone posted on how it goes! I was a little skeptical at first, but after reading so many great reviews I believe that this will be best for my car!

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
Vit is the man. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know generally how long it takes to get a reply back and get started?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
367 Posts
Should be pretty quick. I never had to wait for longer than say, a couple of days, before hearing back from my tuner for anything (Steve), whether it was answering a question, getting a new calibration, etc. More often than not it was within 24 hours.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should be pretty quick. I never had to wait for longer than say, a couple of days, before hearing back from my tuner for anything (Steve), whether it was answering a question, getting a new calibration, etc. More often than not it was within 24 hours.
Awesome, that is good to hear. Think I will notice a big improvement going from just a hondata base map to a Vit tune?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Awesome, that is good to hear. Think I will notice a big improvement going from just a hondata base map to a Vit tune?
Definitely,

base map was....ok.
First cal.......wow. Could feel the difference just from the first cal and i could tell differences over the next several revisions.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Currently tuning using Vit, he typically gets back to u within 24 hours, which is good keeping in mind he's probably tuning lots of others cars. A++ for Vit he made my car enjoyable and we still aren't all the way done!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got my first cal today, had me log a 20min normal drive. I felt that I was going through gears quicker, which is better for mileage I am guessing. I had 17mpg with my base map tune haha. Car didn't really feel powerful, but I don't think he was calibrating for that yet. I'll keep everyone posted!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, thank god I didn't do my WOT where I originally wanted to, I got pulled over tonight :facepalm: Officer said I didn't use my turn signal, even though I know I did. He only gave me a warning, so its all good, he was just doing his job (I am in school for law enforcement). I am just really worried about doing these third gear pulls now :/ I live in a college town, so there are a lot of cops.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You can do 2nd gear pulls if you dont want to get into trouble but i think Vit would have to lean you out more in 2nd gear to compensate for not being in 3rd gear...

Ask him about that

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I go out to the boonies (farm town) where there are like 2 cars every 7 - 10 minutes. It's safer (greater visibility because of flat land all around), and you're not getting people's way/them getting in yours.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I go out to the boonies (farm town) where there are like 2 cars every 7 - 10 minutes. It's safer (greater visibility because of flat land all around), and you're not getting people's way/them getting in yours.
Yeah that's what I try to do because my university I'm at is in corn fields basically haha but there a lot of state troopers.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

1 - 18 of 18 Posts