8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im bored and driving down an empty road with some friends and we need to make a uturn... anyways i decide to snatch the ebrake just for fun and what does it do?... nothing... it sucks so bad! what if i had an emergency or something? all it does is slowly brake the car it wont lock the tires up at all! so whats your opinion on it? anyway to fix it?

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
well chances are...your tires slowly comming to a stop with brakepads would stop you quicker than the tires screeching and sliding down the road in a skid.

but i agree. theres no skidding involved. maybe the Ebrake line is just stretched and needs to be replaced? iono but wait til after it rains and the roads are empty and weeeeeeee powerslides

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
well it sucks that the roads have to soaking wet just to lock em up! =(
I think it's just you, i saw a guy at the dragon road using the ebrake and locking the tires and sliding, it was crazy how well he did it.. his screen name on here is something like squidmaster.. on many tight turns he will just use the ebrake to lock the back tires and slide around coners like nothing..

I have never try using my ebrake, but from what i seen.. they work just fine..

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
It is not an emergency brake. It is a parking brake. You park with it. For Honda, having a parking brake that locks up the wheels is not desirable. In an emergency (hydraulic brake failure), the parking brake can be used to slow the vehicle down. Locking up the rear wheels would only make the car less controllable in such a situation.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Just rip it as hard as you can. Works for my LX around a tiny but sharp corner.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It is not an emergency brake. It is a parking brake. You park with it. For Honda, having a parking brake that locks up the wheels is not desirable. In an emergency (hydraulic brake failure), the parking brake can be used to slow the vehicle down. Locking up the rear wheels would only make the car less controllable in such a situation.
I agree last time a person i know used his parking brake he ended up sideways (and by sideways i mean did a 360 hit a curb and ended up siting on his driver side door) and only a small tree apart from being on his roof in a creek.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
its fine to me. . . but I lock the wheels, THEN turn it in, but I do agree, in a pinch when I want to jump for it, it wont go too well. . . but its still better than my brother's Tiburon, that things e-brake is well it seems like its just a lever that does nothing but keep the car at rest

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
so im bored and driving down an empty road with some friends and we need to make a uturn... anyways i decide to snatch the ebrake just for fun and what does it do?... nothing... it sucks so bad! what if i had an emergency or something? all it does is slowly brake the car it wont lock the tires up at all! so whats your opinion on it? anyway to fix it?
There's an adjustment for it. You have to remove the center console to access the adjusting mechanism.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.