8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a exhaust ticket last month. Took the Vibrant out and sold it to a member here. Decided to try something new. Noir is so rare, at least I haven't seen it on any 8th civic in Sacramento here. I forgot to record the sound, but compared to the WS2 sound clip I've heard on youtube, they sound the same. The only fitting adjustment I had to made is the hangers on the muffler as it leaned to one side. Since I got a ticket, I was running on stock exhaust for 2 weeks. The Noir is actually quieter than the stock one and that's what I want. I don't wanna talk about anything about the gain yet as the ECM needs a little time to adjust, but I can tell there is a difference actually, so I will expect more. The only disappointment is WS2 looks way better. I did a test drive a while ago. There is drone only when I accelerate so hard say Vtec and then let off the throttle. While Vtec, the noise from the engine is more than the exhaust. These are what I got so far.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually like the look of this exhaust. It kind of looks like your bumper got melted from your Vibrant.
wow...wtf you must be a genius. Yea, my vibrant melted so I put a piece of thermo type there. Well, it's not that noticeable and I will get Mugen lip or HFP lip kit eventually.

There is a hole for silencer install, but it doesn't come with the exhaust. Anyways, I never like the look of silencer whatever the exhaust/silencer it is.

I have Vibrant RH w/ HFC, mine should sound a littler deeper than let's say you have Strup or BCRH.

Overall, I love this exhaust. oh yeah, one more thing, the black coat is very easy to scratch out. If I did things again, I would buy WS2.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm........I would say Noir has better mpg and low end power, and Vibrant has better high end. I do 70% highway and 30% local. I gain average 2 mpg after the Noir added.

The time he pulled me over, he did ask me to pop the hood. I have lots of little things like TBS, IMG, pulley, ground & voltage stablizer inside my engine bay but still have stock intake. He took a glance at my stock intake and that was all. He didn't bother to check the header as there is no way he can see it.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Hmm........I would say Noir has better mpg and low end power, and Vibrant has better high end. I do 70% highway and 30% local. I gain average 2 mpg after the Noir added.

The time he pulled me over, he did ask me to pop the hood. I have lots of little things like TBS, IMG, pulley, ground & voltage stablizer inside my engine bay but still have stock intake. He took a glance at my stock intake and that was all. He didn't bother to check the header as there is no way he can see it.
He would have had a heck of a time getting a look at the header. (to much of a hassle since it's not visible) lol

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
true, but his non-CARB-legal cat would be easier to spot. the fine for that is something like $10K. good reason to get a quiet exhaust in CA.
:eek:mg: Holy s***! You can tell my ignorance since i live in FL I don't even know cop's carry a carb-legal- checker thingie! lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.