8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
just got these bad boys installed a few nights ago, and boy do i love them. 4300K, btw. $125.99 shipped in 3 days on ebay :thumb:

the bulbs dont wanna fit in the headlamp housing though, because the o-rings are too thick. so i just switched the HID bulb o-ring with the stock halogen o-ring. perfect fitment :thumb:

also installed the luminics jdm yellow high beam bulbs too :)

pictars!

HID vs Halogen

HID

Halogen

DRL

cutoff inside

cutoff outside

The halogens made the exact same cutoff pattern also. when driving behind others, i notice my light cutting off around the top of the trunk, right below the rear window. i only noticed my light hitting the back of their seats when the road is bumpy, but any headlight, even halogen, will do that to you. nothing out of the ordinary.

and please, before you start getting all antsy about glare problems etc, ive tested it by driving behind my dad and behind my friend at night, both of them said that the light didnt reflect against their rearview into their eyes to bother them, they only noticed a stronger light (which HIDs are).

they said the sideview mirrors caused a bit of glare though, but nothing outrageous or at a risky/dangerous level. a little annoying, if anything.

as for road clarity, TOP NOTCH. i can see everything, even in night rain. as for claims in losing side vision, i can see more. didnt regret a single penny spent into it.

and i LOVE that HID warm-up color flicker :party:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
thats good to hear!
i'm picking up my klights 4300k tonight, maybe i'll install them tomorrow depending on the weather
and i'll also be picking up some yellow DRL's soon together with my yellow chromed front parking lights for when i clear my headlights :lildevil:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks good! how hard would you say the install is?
well once you do it the first time, i'd say its very easy (if youre the handyman type i guess)

my dad and i took about 3 hours to install it, but one whole hour of it was just trying to plug the freakin bulb into the passenger side headlamp.
as i mentioned earlier, the o-rings are differently sized in the KLight kit. after an hour of struggling and swearing a storm and just about giving up :banghead:, i remembered about somebody switching the o-rings and i mentioned it. Dad was skeptical but was up for any idea at that point. switched it, and it just plugged in like it was oem. we felt like idiots :giggle:

I would say the only difficult thing would be, if you consider it difficult, would be the time and effort to take off the wheels and unsnap all the clips to the wheel well. just time consuming more like. and i guess trying to find good spots for the ballast. my dad used self tapping screws to put the ballast in place using the ballast holster or whatever you call it.

if my dad and i had to do it all over again, id say we could do it in an hour and half, maybe less. the kit didnt come with the wiring instructions so we pretty much had to use our common sense to figure out how to plug this thing in without doing it backwards and just frying something. that took us like a half hour too :banghead:

still, a project is a project, and it always feels good knowing you did it yourself. :thumb:

and to everyone giving rep and dropping a comment, thanks! ::redface:

hope this helps!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
someone mind explaining to me what the yellow luminics high beam is all about?

and to the OP did u install the low beam hid's without taking your front bumper off?
as for the yellow DRL, just cosmetics. nothing more. call it rice if you want lol

and yes, i installed HIDs WITHOUT taking off the bumper. took off the front wheels and peeled the wheel well covers back. you can do whatever you feel would be easiest. :thumb:

hope that helps!

·
Registered
49 Posts
just got these bad boys installed a few nights ago, and boy do i love them. 4300K, btw. $125.99 shipped in 3 days on ebay :thumb:

the bulbs dont wanna fit in the headlamp housing though, because the o-rings are too thick. so i just switched the HID bulb o-ring with the stock halogen o-ring. perfect fitment :thumb:

also installed the luminics jdm yellow high beam bulbs too :)

pictars!

HID vs Halogen

HID

Halogen

DRL

cutoff inside

cutoff outside

The halogens made the exact same cutoff pattern also. when driving behind others, i notice my light cutting off around the top of the trunk, right below the rear window. i only noticed my light hitting the back of their seats when the road is bumpy, but any headlight, even halogen, will do that to you. nothing out of the ordinary.

and please, before you start getting all antsy about glare problems etc, ive tested it by driving behind my dad and behind my friend at night, both of them said that the light didnt reflect against their rearview into their eyes to bother them, they only noticed a stronger light (which HIDs are).

they said the sideview mirrors caused a bit of glare though, but nothing outrageous or at a risky/dangerous level. a little annoying, if anything.

as for road clarity, TOP NOTCH. i can see everything, even in night rain. as for claims in losing side vision, i can see more. didnt regret a single penny spent into it.

and i LOVE that HID warm-up color flicker :party:
How did up change the High beam one??
Have to remove the battery??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.