8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm tired of race-prepped mini's and svt focus's (foci?) beating me at my local scca races, so i bit the bullet and purchased some falken azenis rt 615's to replace my all seasons! i decided to get the stock 215/45-17 size...mainly b/c no one had the 225's in stock. as a part owner of a lotus elise...all i can say is OMG my si can corner!!! gone is the neutral feel, the squealing and howling...now i welcome crisp turn ins with amazing tracking and predictability. i knew that my stock tires were holding me back from me putting my car exactly where i want to on the track. i highly recommend these tires for anyone who tracks their car once a month or so. the ride is the same as my all seasons. the car tracks perfectly. road noise is non existent, but i am worried about the 200 tread wear rating.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
These are the exact tires I plan on replacing my all-seasons with.

How many miles are these estimated to be good for? I have no clue what the tread wear numbers equate too.

Thanks for your help

Eric

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
CivicBeater How many miles are these estimated to be good for? [/QUOTE said:
Yeah, that. So these are street tires?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CivicBeater said:
These are the exact tires I plan on replacing my all-seasons with.

How many miles are these estimated to be good for? I have no clue what the tread wear numbers equate too.

Thanks for your help

Eric
they are street tires...barely. i've heard they last anywhere from 7000-14000 miles depending on how you drive and maintain them. i hope to get at least 10000. i am also using them for autoxing (once a month). ill keep ya'll updated with how they wear. :eek:hnoes:

you can get them from edgeracing.com for a really good price :thumb:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
i have the same ones on my car right now but 215/40/17. i love them soooooo much. just be careful in the rain. they really suck in the rain.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have them, too.

Regarding th wear rating, yes they do wear quickly. In addition to 11,000 street miles, I have done 3 1/2 track days with these tires (the 1/2 day was split with a Mustang).

I rotated the tires at about 8,000 miles and 2 1/2 track days. By that time the front tires were worn down to the wear bars. I should have rotated them sooner.

Aside from the wear, I like them as street performance tires. I don't track this car too much (I own a race car) but if I did, I think I'd just buy a separate set of rims with race rubber (Toyo RA1s, Nitto NT01s, Hoosiers, etc) to use on track days.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
my k106s kick ass too.... there 225 45 17 and i ripped the mothers around cornors allmost 5-10 mph faster then i ever did with my stocks and im sure i could go faster ;D stock tires FTL

·
Registered
999 Posts
Have fun being on the wearbars within 7500 miles like I am. WORST ******* TREADLIFE EVER HOLY ****. But seriously first time you hit an apex with them on you literally feel like a race car driver. Bonestock those tires made me feel like grip exceeded power which is a very, very rewarding feeling. I just wish they lasted longer

·
Registered
734 Posts
Everyone already knows though when buying Azenis with a 200 treadwear rating your not looking at long life. I am trying to decide what size to go with for the RSX Type S wheels. Thinking 225/45/17 but do not want to have any rubbing issues.

Vulcan Tire is nice, just shipping is always more there it seems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The 225/45/17 will be fine. I have a set mounted on stock width wheels for autocross/summer driving. On a rough course with hard turns I will get some rubbing on the plugs for the fender linings (worn 3 off but keep a supply of them handy). I wouldn't expect any rubbing for daily driving.

Agreed, they are very fun tires for daily driving!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Sounds good. Are you lowered, and if so how much? I hate the sound of rubbing lol. Makes me take my mind off the course lol. And your 225's were with the new azenis right?

so those are suppose to out perform the all season tires on dry pavement right?
Yup! Better wet traction then the last Azenis as well.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Did anyone else consider using the Hankook RS-2's? I used them on my autocross car and they were pretty similar to the 615's. Some WRX folks used RS-2's as well when I use to run in San Francisco. Might want to check that out too. Edge Racing seems to carry it as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts