Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my Si today,
The dealer had a aftermarket navi installed for me.
Its cool and all
But i got it under the condition that it would hook up with my ipod.
So i pick it up today,
Salesmen says "yea all you need to do is get the aux plug and it will work just like oem stero"
i said ok cool
drive away happy
So after work i went and picked up a aux plug.
set it up, and it doesnt play on navi...
So i was pissed.
I look through entire navi manual and no where does it say it plays off ipod...
I dont want this car if it wont work with my ipod.
Can i return it?

·
Registered
443 Posts
No! Dont return it for some thing that silly. Honda sells an Ipod link. I'm sure that is what your dealer meant you should get because the Si has an Aux plug already.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But guys, the huge thing is...
I have aftermarket navi
so i think the aftermarket navi eliminates the aux connection to the si...
The salesmen knew i didnt want the navi unit unless it was ipod capably and he swore up and down it was.
I thought it would be as easy as plugging in the aux plug like stock(my steering wheel controls work)
but i get nothing when i plug it in.
So i read the entire navi manual and it doesnt say anywhere ipod capable.
all it says is it plays mp3 cds...
Not cool.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
It should work once you plug the cables in, and if it doesnt you have a problem, cause mine automatically changes to AUX when I plug my Ipod into the aux outlet.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i dont have navi in my car, but i just plug my ipod in with my radioshack connnecter and it works fine, i have to use the ipod to change the songs but thats fine with me.... is there like a source button on the navi that you press to switch from am/fm, cd, and aux? it seems kinda childish to me that you would return your car bcuz it doesnt play your ipod.... can i ask what you would be getting in replace of it that actually plays the ipod the way you want it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
~racnjsn04~ said:
I think it's pretty silly that you would buy an Si just because you want to play an ipod. :laughing:
Try and take it back, see what they say. They'll have fun with it when you leave.
Agreed...for real...turn down a SI solely for the Ipod factor? I know this whole Ipod craze is insane and really popular but i mean trying to return a SI just because of this? I think ~racnjsn04~ is 100% correct. It might be the joke of the month at the dealership. Im sure there is a way it can be done. If not.....hmmm do what you want.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well take the car back and have them explain the aftermarket navi with the use of the ipod connected. If they can't get it to work get a refund on the navi. Go or call one of your local stereo dealers that sells navi stuff and see it they can help you. You waited a while to get your car and the navi-ipod stuff is kind of still playing catch up. There is a system out there for you with what you want, just got to find it. Good luck.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
called dealer, who then called the eclipse installer.
They called me, and it turns out the jackamo who installed it, forgot to install the ipod kit.
It goes in this week coming up-
Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
cool, glad to hear you made that dealer work hard to get your bussiness and the i-pod adapter you wanted.. thats awesome. :thumb:
Wish I would have thought about that when honda couldn't get me a navi.

Atleast now you won't have to tell them to shove your car because it does't have an i-pod adapter. :laughing:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheaaaa----
now its time to do some mods.
Hrrrmmmm carbon dash???
Hids???
Hrrrmm??
tint should be done by friday

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't like IPODS (an over rated MP3 player-IMO)... great idea for honda but i don't need it.

BUT... i have actually thought about gettin one now becuase i like the idea of puttin all that music on one chip... My phone is an MP3 player but I doubt ill find a connection from my sprint (audiovox) PPc 6600 with a 1 gig SD chip to the civic Si aux.. My AUX is being used for my sirius..

Question for Ep3racer954: I bought my aux cable from radio shack also. ive had it about 2 weeks now and when i touch the aux wire I get static from the end that goes into the car (wiggle it). Do you get this also? how long have you been using it for? Should I get a better quality wire?

Thanks
Shawn..

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i got a monster aux cable from best buy.
it uses gold at each end and it works great, my songs sound as good as they do on the ipod or on itunes..
$20.00 for the cable and its over 6ft long.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i can give you my Ex coupe with aftermarket navi with IPOD controller and an IPOD if you want for the Si.... SIlly thing to return a car..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Typical...If my navi unit doesn't tell me where to go I can't get there and if I can't listen to my ipod i won't be able to use the car. Grow up the Si isn't about electronic maps and an over priced mp3 player

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.