8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a 1991 Civic a long time ago and despite its crappy appearance was a decent car. I've been driving a 93 Accord EX for the last 3-4 years now and even though the thing is a tank from a mechanical standpoint, the body has deteriorated badly. Due to a well timed call to my insurance company inquiring about my current driver record, it appears that in april of next year my insurance will dive significantly (the big 25). SO.... I went out and test drove the new Civic. I had to have it.

The automatic model (which the salesman brought out by accident at first) was a very uncomfortable and unresponsive ride, I pity anyone who drives automatic. I was almost turned off until they finally brought out the manual tranmission model. The gear ratio is a little different from my current 93 accord but the power loss is minimal from 2.2L to 1.8L, and I think today's Civic is actually larger than the 93 accord. Anyway a couple of days later I hammered out a deal and bought me a black 2006 Civic Sedan DX-G.

I drive people around all the time and therefore did not want the hassle of the coupe. Besides to me the sedan looks just as good as the coupe. It should arrive mid September. I'm going to miss the cruise control and the auto-driver side power window switch.... but it wasn't worth the price of upgrading to the LX or EX models.

Anyways, Good to be here... let's talk civics!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It finally arrived yesterday! yepp my black dxg is here. I'm glad I negotiated for the car alarm because on the first night someone has already tried to get in. My alarm let me know there was an intrusion attempt detected. I gotta move outa the ghetto.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts