8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone have any issues running the flashpro software on a Mac? I know you have to download the bootcamp software from the apple website to do it, but just want to make sure it's going to work before I purchase one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For the Mac, are you using windows bootcamp partition? I have windows 7 on my 2013 MacBook Pro and I use windows applications all day for work using Parallels systems and I sometimes just boot straight to windows... Just curious if you ran a parallel program or booted straight to windows

·
Registered
20 Posts
My mistake, it didn't show the replies at first. clownshuz, besides having to reinstall the software, did you have any trouble using it with bootcamp?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Am pretty dumb. Can someone explain how does getting flashpro help fix gear grinding?

I was on the verge of selling this car. I didn't like the shifting or the rev hang, the throttle response was terrible, and the car never really felt that quick. I had my car listed on Craigslist and I even took it to a dealer to trade it in a few times but ended up backing out. I had some money saved up that I was planning on using for a downpayment on something else, but for some reason I bought FlashPro instead, thinking if I didn't like it I could just sell it and not be out too much.

I'm glad I didn't sell it now. FlashPro really made me fall in love with this car. Now that the throttle response is instant and the rev hang is gone it is a blast to drive. Getting rid of the rev hang made my syncros very happy and eliminated my 2nd gear grinding issues completely. My only modification is an Injen CAI, so I used that base map. The lower VTEC engagement and higher redline make this car feel so badass.

I do, however, feel like FlashPro is a bit overpriced at $695. I looked around for a week or so and that was the best price I could find on a new one, and there were no used ones in my area. Tuning options for other vehicles are a bit cheaper (Cobb Accessport is over 100 dollars less) The software that comes with FlashPro is easy to use after watching the short video, but I must say the design looks like it was for Windows 95. I'm a software developer though, so I am more picky than most, but when I pay 700 dollars for some software it shouldn't feel clunky and outdated. My last gripe is small, but bothersome to me: the stickers that came with it were junk! Not a huge deal, but again, paying 700 dollars for something means I should get some shweet stickers hahaha

Overall, I'm really happy with FlashPro. I just wish the price was lower or the software was a little more modern. And it should have had better stickers. :dance:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm not sure how it helps gear synchronizers, but reading through this thread has made me want a flashpro as well. I had a Cobb accessport on my mazdaspeed6 and it was a huge difference, so I feel where you guys are coming from, I just wouldn't have expected a flash to make such a big difference on an NA car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm really thinking about getting flash pro. I have 05 wrx and comparing that to this the rev hang is deplorable. Does flash pro really cut that down a lot

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Also quick question what the difference between flash pro and Cobb access port
The Accessport hasn't been made for the Si for a long time (several years). From what I remember about it, it doesn't have as many features as the Flashpro, which is still currently being made. And yes, Flashpro helps with revhang.

·
Registered
15 Posts
better late than never, just got FP and damn did this tool change my mind as well about the drivability of this car. Rev hang and lower I-vtec engagement alone is great having, and not to mention the launch control feature :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice.
Do you think your gas mileage will go down for hitting vtec sooner and more often now?

I wish it was more affordable, maybe around $300 to be able it to buy, maybe when it gets older.

And yeah, by the time our cars hit vtec at a race the other cars are gone.
8 years later and it's still almost 700 lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was on the verge of selling this car. I didn't like the shifting or the rev hang, the throttle response was terrible, and the car never really felt that quick. I had my car listed on Craigslist and I even took it to a dealer to trade it in a few times but ended up backing out. I had some money saved up that I was planning on using for a downpayment on something else, but for some reason I bought FlashPro instead, thinking if I didn't like it I could just sell it and not be out too much.

I'm glad I didn't sell it now. FlashPro really made me fall in love with this car. Now that the throttle response is instant and the rev hang is gone it is a blast to drive. Getting rid of the rev hang made my syncros very happy and eliminated my 2nd gear grinding issues completely. My only modification is an Injen CAI, so I used that base map. The lower VTEC engagement and higher redline make this car feel so badass.

I do, however, feel like FlashPro is a bit overpriced at $695. I looked around for a week or so and that was the best price I could find on a new one, and there were no used ones in my area. Tuning options for other vehicles are a bit cheaper (Cobb Accessport is over 100 dollars less) The software that comes with FlashPro is easy to use after watching the short video, but I must say the design looks like it was for Windows 95. I'm a software developer though, so I am more picky than most, but when I pay 700 dollars for some software it shouldn't feel clunky and outdated. My last gripe is small, but bothersome to me: the stickers that came with it were junk! Not a huge deal, but again, paying 700 dollars for something means I should get some shweet stickers hahaha

Overall, I'm really happy with FlashPro. I just wish the price was lower or the software was a little more modern. And it should have had better stickers. :dance:

Morning brother.
I have an 09 sedan si that I am looking to get a flash pro for as well. I have a short ram air.. P2R throttle body spacer along with an exhaust I'm about to get. I didn't know that the flashpro changed the throttle response. I've heard about the Rev hang and changing the VTEC engagement point. What would you recommend to change the VTEC to? And does the throttle response automatically happen or is that something you have to change as well?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
It made mine so much more responsive. I didn't do anything to mine myself I had Vittune do mine, however i used the reflash while waiting on a base tune from him and the revhang was already not there.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts