8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
POS sheriff pulled me over in the mountain range south of Bakersfield, California for having my front windows tinted. When he saw me roll my windows down for no apparent reason, he pulled me over and ticked me. As he left, he said "Next time, don't roll your windows down". I really don't think he would have noticed me if I didn't roll my windows down! After that I seemed to notice every car that passed me with window tint. 15+ must have passed by before I stopped caring. It's a stupid law if you ask me. Whatever though.

So what are my options? Here are some that I can think of:

1. Pay fix it ticket and remove tint from front windows.
2. Pay fix it ticket, remove it from front windows and go get it installed again.
3. Find a cool police officer that will sign my ticket w/o taking off the tint.
4. Not pay and hope I never run into the law again. (not likely)
5. Get a doctor's notice saying I have sensitive skin.

Are there any other options?

·
Registered
16,845 Posts
seems like they'll pull you over if you roll them down. tahts what i did and i was pulled over. but he just had me pull of the tint in the parking lot and let me go.

If i would have gotten a ticket i would have removed the tint and gotten the ticket signed off

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
You could pay the fine and have the front windows re-tinted with tint that is not as dark as what you have now.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I infact got one in Texas...I stripped the front and had it retinted legally...best bet esp if they give you a fix-it ticket....Unfortunately i develope attitudes with cops and they gave me a ticket and i had to remove it lol

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts

#4 will fail you. Tickets show up when you go to pay registration.
:word:

especially in cali.

just so you understand why the tint ticket is there. its because when a cop pulls someone over and walks up to the window, its safer if he can see in the window or someone could just shoot through the window at him or roll it down alittle.

when i got one i just paid the ticket and didnt remove it..would have been cheaper to get it taken off got it signed off and got it put back on.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Just added a new option #5. I think it's believable. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Yeah, I just had the same thing happen to me. And just like you, now it seems like everyone else has tint, and it bugs me. Cops are really cracking down on this sh*t now, I dont think it has anything to do with their safety tho, those assholes just want out money!

I chose to go with option 2, remove the tint, get it signed off, then re-tint the next day! Unless of course you know a chill cop who'll sign it off. Then do that.

Im surprised Firm hasnt found this thread and turned into talk of politics and terrorism yet. If you say you dont like police it means you're a terrorist!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts