8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...recently purchased a portable garmin nuvi 200 for my car. was shopping around for all diff brands on buy.com and cnet.com for reviews. went with a garmin because they're so reliable. the first time i used a portable gps was with a garmin. this model isn't as pricey as the higher models but i only needed it for gps purposes..i don't need bluetooth, mp3 player, blabla.

didn't want to mount it on my windshield so i put it in the little cubby in front of the shifter. it does look low but its actually not that bad at all... a glance down to view the map is fine...plus the voice is pretty loud. here's a pic from my phone!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
SI_Smiley said:
hey all...recently purchased a portable garmin nuvi 200 for my car. was shopping around for all diff brands on buy.com and cnet.com for reviews. went with a garmin because they're so reliable. the first time i used a portable gps was with a garmin. this model isn't as pricey as the higher models but i only needed it for gps purposes..i don't need bluetooth, mp3 player, blabla.

didn't want to mount it on my windshield so i put it in the little cubby in front of the shifter. it does look low but its actually not that bad at all... a glance down to view the map is fine...plus the voice is pretty loud. here's a pic from my phone!

nice i got the 360 afew weeks ago and put it in the same exact place works out great there i think

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kroze said:
Werd. I love my garmin i5

I need to buy the map update though as I bought it 2 years ago :(

cool garmin i5....didn't see that one. yea i heard the downfall with garmin is that u have to buy map updates instead of dl'ing them for free..which is the way it should be!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
divinebarrel said:
nice i got the 360 afew weeks ago and put it in the same exact place works out great there i think
nice..i was looking at the 360 but it was alittle too pricey for me. i wanted to pay around 200 for the unit. 360 i heard is great and it has a bunch of other options other than navigating around. i saw someone stick the circular plastic pad on the front side of the cubby and mount the gps there so it's higher up. this is AFTER i already stuck down the plastic pad on the bottom of the cubby :eek:hsnap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts