8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a new car survey for my Si that I bought on 11/11/07. Its a pretty comprehensive survey about the quality of the car, and the areas that need improvement or I have had issues with. Honda of America is supposedly viewing this so I thought it'd be good to list my issues with it, which, are most of YOURS as well...

1. Headlights not adjusted properly from factory
2. Difficult to get into 3rd gear
3. Gears grind when shifting 3rd gear
4. Interior materials scuff easily: shifter knob and console
5. Interior materials parting seems, loose: drivers side door trim (suede) showing wear and loose
6. Engine very loud on start-up and noisy during idle (valve lifters)

Did I leave anything out?

I hope Honda is listening:xyxnervou

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Pretty much the major issues.

Maybe better paint.

I still have mine that I never mailed off. Since I was disgusted with the crappy level of service getting the scratch they put on my bumper at the time of sale fixed.

However, in light of my recent dealing with the dealership. I might need to fill out all those surveys so they get negative marks.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
in regards to the scuff marks.. in my 06 it got scuffed up to hell very easy on the door and dash. But when i bought my two 07 both lx one coupe and one sedan they dont scuff that easy.,. so my question is did they fix the plastic or something after 06..

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
If I had gotten one I'd have most of yours, but also include incredibly terrible paint job, poor experience with shifting at high rpms (synchros I suppose) and poor interior assembly = too many rattles in a new car.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The only issue that I have with my 07 FA5 is the damn paint:SHOCKED:, I mean the quality is horrible. As far as the tranny and interior noise/quality I have not had any issues... 17,562miles!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I hope Honda is listening:xyxnervou
Honda does listen, and takes these surveys seriously.
Top JD power scores are what manufacturers shoot for these days.
So state your case and concerns, it will benefit future owners and improvement of the product. :wavey:

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Honda better listen and Toyota. Honda and Toyotas quality is slipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts