8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyway im so pissed off right now I cant stand it, about 3 weeks ago I purchased a used 07 FBP HFP Coupe W/12k on it in mint condition because I wanted a Si and gave up on the chance of being able to get my hands on a Mugen Si after getting the "I will put you on the list" run around from honda for months.................well tonight I get home and honda left me a message to call them back, so I did and it's the manager of the honda dealership in my town and they tell me the just got in my Mugen Si:SHOCKED: ....I said what I was told I was going to be put on a list and never heard anything about it again until now..and the owner said no we orderd it for you and it has come in so its here if you want it.... im sooooooooooooooooo pissed because if I trade in my car im going to take a huge loss and my step-father co-signed with me and I dont think he is willing to let me trade it in because to him a car is just a means of transportation anyway im going down to honda tomarrow to see if I can get him off the loan and finance the Mugen Si myself...well I think that is close to imposible but im am going to try anyway and take a huge loss I dont care I want this car.. (well if anything I will sit in it and think of what could of been) mayby they will let me test drive it...

CLIFFS-financed 07 Si now cant get Mugen Si

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
i say keep your current si and you will have saved more money to purchases mods to make your car nicer than the current Mugen Si.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean but i am a true honda fanatic and I just want a unique piece of honda history thats whats important to me I could have the hottest FG in the world but it still could never be a original 1-1000 like the Mugen Si...I dont know what to do im so torn

·
Registered
511 Posts
Not too sure but isn't this the first Mugen that Honda is releasing? I know people aren't buying it for the performance but more like a collectable. If I had $30k I would buy it.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Keep your Si and be happy with it. ESPECIALLY if it is your daily driver. Anyone who buys the Mugen Si and has it as there daily driver is dumb if u ask me. There asking for it to be stolen, and get way to much negative attention. To many haters out there...

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
illusionstwice said:
Keep your Si and be happy with it. ESPECIALLY if it is your daily driver. Anyone who buys the Mugen Si and has it as there daily driver is dumb if u ask me. There asking for it to be stolen, and get way to much negative attention. To many haters out there...

yea thats right, look at the bright side you and the 30,000 car have the same motor, use the money you save to put in there

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
and get raped by STis

all the spoilers and bodykits... look at me im Mugen... i look real fast... and i have colored brakes and ****

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
nayilsi said:
and get raped by STis
Well, at least the Mugen guy will take consolation in the fact that there are Mugen plaques on his dash! lol :laughing:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Homie, Id say keep the damn coupe. ITS NOT WORTH GETTING IT! The Mugen is basically the same exact vehicle as our si's. The difference with the mugen and you car, well #1 you have a coupe, the mugen only comes as sedan and FBP, mugen suspension, aero kit, GP's. Shift knob, decals and exhaust. Although yours isnt a sedan, you can make it look like a mugen coupe. Just mod it up. Im pretty sure the arrival of the mugen is just the tip of the ice. Better things come to those who are patient. You might get the mugen and then somehow regret getting it, maybe cuz you wouldve just the extra cash for a turbo or sc.Almost everyone wants turbo for they're si's so im pretty sure you want one too. Save your money. Im pretty sure all of us want the mugen. You just gotta know the ups and downs of getting it... just a tip :thumb:

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
IMO the HFP lip kit looks better that the Mugen Kit. you can afford to get the suspension as well as a S/C HFP lip kit and HFP rims and still spent less than the mugen si

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
After you trade in your car and finance that Mugen its going to end up being a 40g Civic. If you love it then do it. I bought a brand new 07 lx coupe and ended up trading it in for a used 06 Si and i ***** love it. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah your right, but I dont want to get the Mugen Si cause I care what other people think I want to get it because its a benchmark in honda history and it would be a collectors piece to me 30k is alot of money but somethings mean more then money to some people im one of those people and alot of people trash talk the Mugen SI but know damb well they want one...but what I say to the people that dont understand is if you dont understand why someone would be willing to pay 30k for the Mugen Si they dont understand the true history of honda...too me its like a piece of fine art to some people its just some paint on a canvice to another it the most beautiful thing that person has ever seen....I guess the thing that gets me is someone is going to get that car that I could have gotten had I known it was really going to come in for me that doesnt appreaciate it for what it is and would means to someone like me (I guess the point of this hole thing is its a once in a lifetime chance to own a piece of history that is so rare but I have except that I cant have it)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm not going to lie the Mugen is pretty sweet but 30k is just too much for a car in this class. Hell, thats even before the dealer mark up

EDIT:I understand the historical value but i mean this is a good chunk of money we're talking about here

·
Registered
901 Posts
the mugen is hot as hell i wont lie, but for 30k pfft..

I went to the dealership today to see if i could get my paws on one.. i will lock it away in a storage unit though, and only take it out for shows and put a massive amount of sound in it.

BTW they told me it would be slim chance to get me one because the dealership wants to foot the bill and by themselves one to use as a promo..grr

1 - 20 of 34 Posts