Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My K20A type R swap STORY into 07 LX
I just got my car out of the shop Today8/23/07. Attention For those of you still watching and monitoring this section.
I think I am probably and maybe one of very few who have accomplished the K20A type R swap into the new 2007 Civic coupe.
I Decided to buy a 2007 civic LX and got 5,000 off at the dealer. I then decided i wanted an engine swap; so i deceided on the type R K20A.
The swap took just about 5 months into this 07 LX. Lots of stuff had to be changed and converted. I'm the type of person who likes to attempt the never heard of and new tricky challenges. The type R engine I purchased was 8,000 because it had skunk2 cams and upgraded fuel rails and upgraded valve springs and lifters and lots more already installed. I then had to sink another 6,700 in misclaneous conversion parts and needed STUFF. The total cost including the engine was $14,700. I may have just got the car back but let me tell you I still am not done with it yet. I am having a custom power steering system that needs to be put in next. At the same time Im going to have a full system exhaust put on. Meanwhile while this is going on, I will attempt to bug the guys over at hondata to hurry the heck up and create a K-Pro for the new 07 SO my car can RUN properly because without it it will be a piece of crap. This car however turns heads everytime I drive by with that nice type R I-Vtec kickin in. IMAGINE, A stock LX outside and in with a type R engine under the hood. I will post another reply with all of my current mods on it.
Feel free to give comments about this big project I attempted.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
You guys think he did it himself because he didn't include labor in his cost. And 5k off the dealership that's just BS right there unless the dealership had a huge mark up.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
There is kpro for ecu's for the k20a setup. Unless you're using the same ecu that you started with which would be pointless. Didn't you have immobilizer issues w/o kpro? If it's true and you spent that much money, you should have got an mr2 and got the k20a swap done to it, b/c that's how much it costs for that car and it would be a hell of alot better of an investment.

·
Registered
883 Posts
WOW all that money and it still runs like crap .I dont know how much a LX cost but im pretty sure you should have just bought an Si.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lack of ecu knowledge alone is enough to call BS. Above post is correct, why would you wait for kpro to come out for a motor that you aren't even runnng. You would need either a type R ecu or maybe an ecu out of a 02-04 rsx.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Okay, here's something I don't understand. You went out of your way to get the k20a type R, but it had different cams in it right? So why didn't you just get a k20a2 for half the price and swap the cams and some higher compression pistons into it yourself? You basically paid for one letter...R.

It's cool nonetheless... I can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
Although i do agree with the "shoulda had an Si," there are a lot of weird people out there that insist on doing everything the hardest way possible just so they can say "I did it the hardest way possible so no one else did what i did." As stated before, there is a K-pro for the K20A anything sooooo saying that you are waiting for one to come out that already exist will make people :shady:. But, this is the online world, and you can shut people up by posting pics of the whole process like any self respecting car nut would have done.

·
Registered
108 Posts
dudemaster146 said:
...This car however turns heads everytime I drive by with that nice type R I-Vtec kickin in...
Why does it sound like you're driving the car? I'm guessing you meant to say it will turn heads....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.