8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alpine cda-7878. I don't think many people here will appreciate this deck at all, but who cares...I'm posting pics anyway.

I paid shipping for this from a board member on DIY. he just didn't want it. I did some research after I paid him $15 and realized how truly awesome this deck is. All the EQ, t/a, x-over settings... wow. And on top of that, it apparently retailed for $800 when it came out in 2002. :wavey:

On to the pics...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Nice find... my 7930 was built in 1997 and I'm never replacing it! (everything still works fine) Pretty sure the 7894 in the wife's car is about 8 years old too with no issues.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so what are you gonna run with this setup?
Still don't know.

This won't go in my car because I can't run a full 4-way (tweet/midrange/midbass/sub) off this. But, it makes for a good 3-way (tweet/mid/sub). Oh, FWIW, usually 4-way is called 3-way, and 3-way is called 2-way. People just assume the sub is there. :)

Anyway...if it goes in my wife's car I'm going to run an Alpine xt-19 tweeter set, and don't know about midrange.

I was looking for a deck for my friend and someone on the boards gave me this one. He might still get it if he wants it, but he wants something that controls an iPod and this one has the old iPod ai-net control, which I don't think he'll want.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not bad for just paying shipping, but to be honest I hate the look of single din headunits in our dash's, but Alpine FTW. Thats pretty much all I use for audio.
This isn't going in my car. It's actually going in my wife's 05. :)

$15 for a h/u that sold for $800+ when it came out!? Hell yes!

haha

Last night I hooked it up to the power supply and powered some alpine xt19 tweeters ($35 shipped) and CDT m6's (free from a diy member) off it and played the crap out of some Christmas music, lol.

The total price of my wife's 'system' so far is $50 for what you see above. The most expensive part is going to be the sound deadener for the doors.

I figure that by the time it's all said and done, I'll have spent about $200. $50 for the above, $100 on deadener for the doors and $35 on wiring/hardware.

And that thing will be able to hang with just about anything else in the $1000+ range when I'm done with it. Beleee dat'! :wavey:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Not sure if this was originally $800 or not. I bought a 7893 brand new in 2002 for like ~$300. It saw use in 3 different cars and I traded it + some speakers for an Xbox 360 when I bought my Si. Still runs strong to this day!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.