8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought my sedan today and I love it!

Taffeta White Si Sedan

Full HFP Kit and Installation
Mudguards (already on car)
Wheel Locks (already on car)
Trunk Tray (already on car)
Zxilon (already on car)

$24,XXX

I know I didn't get a great deal but it wasn't markup either so Im living with it. Going to poor for the next 5 years considering Im 18 and on an hourly pay and a full time student :biggrin:

It is a little faster than the GSR but considerably more fun to drive.

My question though:

Is it worth it to buy the throttle body spacer, and IMG or a CAI?

I know the TBS and IMG give gains and the CAI does but sickyute had both and the CAI made no difference.

I

·
0 Posts
Welcome, Id say go for the IMG, TBG and TBS, is a little more gain than a CAI and alot cheaper.
There is a post showing a dyno with all of IMG TBS and TBG, then when they added the CAI there was only a VEEEEERY slight gain. I wouldnt even bother with the CAI if I was just starting.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
rp215 said:
Hey guys I just bought my sedan today and I love it!

Taffeta White Si Sedan

Full HFP Kit and Installation
Mudguards (already on car)
Wheel Locks (already on car)
Trunk Tray (already on car)
Zxilon (already on car)

$24,XXX

I know I didn't get a great deal but it wasn't markup either so Im living with it. Going to poor for the next 5 years considering Im 18 and on an hourly pay and a full time student :biggrin:

It is a little faster than the GSR but considerably more fun to drive.

My question though:

Is it worth it to buy the throttle body spacer, and IMG or a CAI?

I know the TBS and IMG give gains and the CAI does but sickyute had both and the CAI made no difference.
Sickyute just did a change from AEM to Injen. He seemed to be really impressed with the results and there is no hesitation like the AEM. He has a thread here about the new mod. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10926

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again guys. Didnt post pics because its all stock right now but after the HFP kit comes in and gets installed I will take pics. Also have to remove the damn dealer's pinstriping and and the dealer decal on the trunk. Maybe debadge the Si emblems too.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
F_B_I said:
Welcome. Enjoy the car and keep it safe.
-First mod is Alarm (bought it couple days before I bought the car)
-Cleaned out the garage today to make room for the Si
-Tint will be on my next day off

:thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts