8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATED

*ok so I just installed it, so much lighter now, the hood won't even close by itself if i let it go, gotta put some pressure on it. Tell me what you think, i'm not sure how long imma keep this for ,but so far so good imo

PICs

I have not yet installed it, but i'm starting to get second feelings about it. I know winter is heading its way but it shouldn't be too bad here in Southern California. I may resale it or may not.

I just want to get other peoples opinions whether to keep it or not

*also this is my first carbon experience, what would I need to do/have to keep it fresh. I'm a daily driver with it....

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Sorry I have never liked that hood on the current gen civic. doesn't flow weel with the lines of the car.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
make sure you install a heat shield underneath the hood which i never did and regret because there are noticable dents in the carbon fiber from the heat of my engine melting it

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
well not sure how cold it is there but there have been certain cases in my city that the CF warped

when the CF is exposed to two different temperatures - the heat from your engine bay and the extreme cold outside, it can cause warping. even if you use hood pins.
I wouldn't risk it in such a big investment, I mean.. it's only a hood and you can easily put the stock one back on. There's no use looking good or being light when your car is always dirty anyway.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Look real HOTT :thumb: !!!! but after reading other people opinion. It too much a problems...I wouldn't buy it....:iorun:

·
Registered
63 Posts
finally, pictures of a coupe with racks. ive been deciding on getting surf racks on my car but i just didnt know how it would look on a coupe

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
i had a vis hood for 3 years, and it started to fade bad, tryed waxing and wet sanding but it wouldent be saved

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
after looking at it during the day time, It really did started to grow on me, i'm just still worried about the rain/water issue.

I'm gonna try and get some more pics of it during the day time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts