8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 8th gen si coupe. It was taken very good care of, and is completely stock!!. I was looking for suggestions for immediate upgrades!?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Depends on the route you want to go with the car. I think the car in stock form is actually very good. If you have any maintenance items to take care of I would do that first. If not I suppose you could start with basic cosmetic items like window visors or a front lip. If you want to lower the car you could start looking at some suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I agree. The car is great how it is. Authentic power from the v-tech. Strong pull. I'm not into the loud exhaust too much, although a small upgrade from stock is ideal. Lowering the car is on my list of something I would like to do. Recommendations on that? As far as a route to go.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Personally I would get a FlashPro and get a tune on it. You can make about 30 more hp and have vtech engage at about 4300rpm. And you can get rid of the rev hang and make it feel more like a normal manual.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've done some research on the flash pro, it is definitely something that seems like a must. They aren't cheap either I see! Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Shifter aftermarket base and cable bushings. Makes it nicer for daily driving. Cheap and fast. 2nd for flashpro once you start any bolt ons. Quality coilovers to start you out on suspension upgrades then do lighter, wider (8") wheels to match.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whigh exhaust, header, and CAI setup do you have? Recommendations on that? I was told Vibrant on exhaust if I didn't want it too loud. I was wondering about keeping stock exhaust and getting a header?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Look up youtube, LHT Motorsports. They have a Mugen with a hybrid racing cai, skunk2 alpha headers, and just recently added a throttlebody spacer. With a dyno run in between each!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've watched a lot of videos on the skunk2 alpha headers and diff cat exhaust, I think it might be a little louder than I'm wanting. Although I want a header and exhaust for the gains. Even if they are minimal :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
how about this, when its time for tires remove & weigh 1 wheel & tire.Go to Tire rack website pick some lighter wheels & tires you like (maybe plus 1 size) Tire Rack will mount ,road balance check run out ship to you ready to mount. As Honda wheels are sometimes heavy you might like Enkei like an RPF1 you could save maybe 7-9 lbs a corner, thats unsprung wt. that also doesn't have to be flylwheel spun up.no effect on reliability,& for that little more you have spare wheel set for sno or whatever. no arguing w/ bonehead tire sales man or jerks scarring wheels. If you sell the car you can keep the wheels as Honda has 5/ 114 pattern.that is most common.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can I get some ideas or feedback on some upgraded sound? I don't want the super deep bass, but more than stock would be great!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate the feedback that you did give me about the car I meant that as a general question to everybody but yeah I'm looking into some different Wheels right now I'm in the basic steps another guy earlier in the post recommended changing the bushings so I've ordered those can actually receive them today and plan on putting them in tomorrow here in Ohio it's snowing in 30 degrees tomorrow at supposed to be 50 and sunny

·
Registered
82 Posts
No problem man sounds good. For the upgraded sound I think there is a audio section in the DIY part of the forum if you want to take a look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I've been reading a lot of opinions on sound. A lot of people seem to say it's not worth the hassle. Others say installing some upgraded door speakers aren't too tough.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anybody had any experience with 1320? I'm looking at a deal on some headers that apparently were never used?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts