8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought My 2010 Honda Civic LX A/T/ It has 1700 miles on it.(bought it with 2 3 weeks ago lol) .I want to know the best way to start on this car.....I am limited to like 600 dollars just at the moment....So can you hlep out? Serious comments please...Thankss

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True but my Wife cant drive Stick...So I got A/T...I still want to do some stuff to it though

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not much you can do to the engine, but you can completely change out the suspension. That is the best mod you can do to a non si civic

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I could but the car was our honey moon present and I would need 3 new clutches by the time she learned..lol

·
Registered
520 Posts
its not an Si so just do basic stuff and keep it nice. Lip kit, CAI, catback exhaust, nice drop, and nice wheels and call it a day.

Just hop on either wesellcarparts.com or corsportusa.com and do a little looking around.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not an Si so just do basic stuff and keep it nice. Lip kit, CAI, catback exhaust, nice drop, and nice wheels and call it a day.

Just hop on either wesellcarparts.com or corsportusa.com and do a little looking around.
What kind of Cold air would you say? Cause I saw some K&N and they seem to have the best rating but I do not know alot about Honda.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I think you should go check out the bolt ons section of the forum it will give you the answer you need.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If there is a will there is a way

Honestly i don't know about exhaust. What would you want? Loud? low rumble? quiet?

And an intake just sounds cool! lol
I want A low sound and I am assuming that the coldair intake will def help with good sound lol....so either way i should probably buy both...but yeah def want the low sound with out a loud rattle in the end .....:facepalm:

·
Registered
906 Posts
I want A low sound and I am assuming that the coldair intake will def help with good sound lol....so either way i should probably buy both...but yeah def want the low sound with out a loud rattle in the end .....:facepalm:
Im gunna be %100 honest i don't know much about exhaust for newer civics. I was just giving you an outline. hoping other people would help you out.

Best bet is to take a search on the other forums.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Please realize that I am aware I did not get the SI.....I got an A/T so she can drive it if need be and she already does not want to drive it any more cause my Low profile rims make it a rough ride ....I eould trade it in but I loose value ..I assume

·
Registered
2,940 Posts

what the hell kinda logic is this?? just because its not an Si doesn't mean SHIET.

OP, with the right amount of money, the sky is the limit on performance mods. however, given ur current financial situation, stick with ur I/H/E upgrades, as well as suspension/tires. performance doesn't always equate to speed. carbon fiber hoods/trunks. etc.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Supercharge

But it seems useless. Its friggen A/T
So tell me what is so bad about an a/t? You mean the fact that the a/t shifts faster than a manual, and it doesn't miss shift?

shouldnt of got a LX broski
^^ VERY informative post dickhead

Not much you can do to the engine, but you can completely change out the suspension. That is the best mod you can do to a non si civic
Not much you can do with the engine *yet* when FP for auto r18 comes out, kitt's turbo will be the best thing.

Whats the best type of exhaust to get for this car??And Intake??
It really depends, there aren't really many "low rumble" exhausts as this is a 4 banger, not a v8. I guess the closest one would be a magnaflow. The intake is opinion, the only one I owned on my A/T was the injen cai.

can you supercharge a M/T civic sedan EX... would it be worth it?
there are no superchargers out for r18's at all.... i'm guessing you could have one made but $$$$
What kind of Cold air would you say? Cause I saw some K&N and they seem to have the best rating but I do not know alot about Honda.
not bashing k&n, but Injen and AEM are better, ok maybe i'm bashing k&n.

OP, if you have ANY questions feel free to ask me. I have owned 2 a/t r18's and spent too much time searching these forums. So i contain a good amount of knowledge for r18's. Just as an opinion from me to you. The first thing I would buy would be the P2R Throttle body spacer. its like 80$ and showed an increase of like 7 hp. Next would be either an injen or aem cai. thats like 300$ and with the 200$ extra I would save until something better comes out. But please if you have any ?'s feel free to ask

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Honestly, don't even waste your money on engine mods because it will pretty much do nothing...short of F.I. I mean sure you will get a few hp but not worth the money you will spend.

Make it look nice and handle well.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts