8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sadwavy:I can't figure out my way around on here for anything. I read FAQ and it didn't help. I looked at the DIY's and I can't find anything. Is there an idiots guide to this site???

I need a DIY for the Corsport endlinks.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
dude endlinks are not that hard to install on a scale to 10 i would say at most a 3 just remove the old ones and install the new ones peace of cake all you need is a wrench set and allen set

what is it 14mm wrench and a 5.5 allen ?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
unless your endlinks ar nice and rust like they where on my em2 when i put on my progress sway and to stop by autozone and get a can of WD40 and let them soak for a bit

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Something to note: When installing endlinks, you need to do it under load. Basically, attach the endlinks but don't tighten them down yet. put your jack under the lower control arm and raise up the arm until it just starts to lift the car. Now it is under load. tighten down the endlinks' bolts to the proper torque and lower the arm. rinse and repeat on the other side. :) good luck

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
can you tighten it with your hand cause i don't have a torque wrench or is it mandatory that i must go get me a torque wrench to properly install the sway bar? i was hoping to do it soon. also by under load you mean put 1 jack one each side lift up a little and tighten it? will u have enough room to get under? or high enough so you can slide under?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
with your back end up on jack stands, just connect the endlinks up loosely on both sides, then put a jack under one side, jack it up so it barely starts to life that side of the car off the stand, tighten the endlink bolts (2) to the specified torque, then lower that jack back down and do the same to the other side. As for how important the torque wrench is, I'm not sure. You can get a decent wrench for like $40 or so and I would def recommend one if you plan on working on your car a lot.

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
does the gold side go to the sway or the car?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts