8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
until you run over it on a track day, like what happened to Moose.
Well Moose did run off the road and hit the dirt, so pretty much any splitter would get screwed up by that.

As for J's making the lip, they did. The bizarre thing is that now they're disavowing that they ever made it, when years ago it was on their official US website. My guess is that they're so bitter that replicas were being made and people were flocking to those that they ditched the FG2.

And no, it wasn't made for Acuras, FN1s, etc etc. No front aero parts are interchangeable between the Civics, dunno why people can't figure that out.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Anyone have anything where J's says they didn't make 'em? (just curious)

I've found them online for sale and listed as J's Racing.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
^ I remember that about the exhausts. But I've found other spots online that sell 'em.

That was a fun time. I was about to order J's stuff from A&J right before that happened too.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
^ I remember that about the exhausts. But I've found other spots online that sell 'em.

That was a fun time. I was about to order J's stuff from A&J right before that happened too.
It apparently wasn't just exhausts.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
So I did a little bit of research. Went to a local shop, had him speak to his supplier and inquire with J's in Japan.

Apparently what happened is J's never did make this for the FG as the FG is not in Japan, however they did make it for the FA1. When they were asked to design an FG for Honda, they tried to see if the FA1 J's wing would fit. It did. They never released it as an FG product, however did sell the FA1 wing to North American companies who then began to sell them for the FG because they fit.

The A&J racing one was legit, however because they were no longer authorized to sell J's parts because they sold the J's "special edition" exhaust. The J's lips were legit (assuming they weren't selling the replicas)

Had my friend who owns a local performance shop contact J's, they told him they will make one (as they custom make these) and ship it to him. It is not intended to be for the FG, however they do surprisingly fit.

So don't know if this helps the debate anymore? However I decided to try and figure out some more info on the subject. Like the look of it, but not decided whether I'm sold on it, whether replica or authentic.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Ive heard that the lip will fit on the FG2 WITH the HFP lip already on there but i can't find a picture anywhere. Does anyone have any insight on this? I think i would look pretty good plus the added down force.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts