8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys quick question.. I looked around but could not find anyone that just used the f/ic instead of the reflash that comes with the kit. I know some people are running both but I was wondering if it would be any better to just run the aem unit instead?? I was just thinking that you would be able to get a more specific tune for your car and conditions elavation etc.. instead of a tune thats just made to work under any conditions...Any info would help... Thanks!

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Get the reflash, it is already tuned specifically for the s/c. No worries. no need to pay for extra tuning.
Only reason I thought about it was for the ability to turn up the boost via new pulley.. I found a place that will pretty much make any size pulley for the kit, the only problem is the tuning, thats why i thought of running the f/ic to get a better tune to for about 12psi, or 300 whp whatever comes first...

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
you do realize that without cooling anything over 9psi is a waste of time right? the hp diff from 9-11psi is basically nothing. only the torque is higher. theres so much extra heat its not advised.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
reflash and F/IC...get an aqua/meth system and boost your face off...with the AEM system you can even program your F/IC to retard timing once the aqua/meth is low...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
doesn't quite work like that
depends if you understand electronics or not...like I said in another topic...'are you telling me that you can't get your AEM aqua/meth to trigger your F/IC's analog input' tell me you can't and I'll show you proof you can...that's how I work...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm kinda with the OP and lessthanwise...hell if you never try anything different you'll never learn anything new.

I say boost it and spray some meth in there.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
reflash and F/IC...get an aqua/meth system and boost your face off...with the AEM system you can even program your F/IC to retard timing once the aqua/meth is low...
Wont the reflash and f/ic fight eachother?? Or will the tuner just improve off of the reflash as needed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts