8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,
So I finally got it installed. My flashpro came in today. I went through the whole fp install and reflash my ecu to the correct year, the correct mods, and the right injectors.
So I start it up...It will idle up down up down up down..between 1 and 1500 rpm..
So I text my tuner...he says the idle is norml and hell fix that, but when I go to take it out...Ill start to let off the clutch and the rev goes to 3...then down to 3 then down...Ill press the clutch back in..its rev to 3 again about 2 more times and then go back to the 1k to 1500 idle again...
Im stuck. IDK what to do. I dont have any starter fluid around to check for a vacumm leak so idk what to do from here..

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
This is just a guess............if you drained you coolant did you make sure there was no air in the system ? I know on older honda's if you dont get it out it will idle all funny.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt drain it maually but it spilt out the hoses when I unplugged them. DK if thall do it or not?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Just take the rad cap off and start the car and let it run to see if you get any bubbles coming out the radiator.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went back out to restart it and i checked all the lines and everything is str8...and every now in then Ill get this like loud noise that sounds like my intake is gasping...its really starting to piss me off....and I have a tune for saturday and dk if I can make it..

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Na I used oil...And I filled the car up the other day. I havent went and checked the coolant level. I went out and checked all my hoses and dont hear anything...I guess I have to wit until tommorrow to get starter fluid..

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea dont have that either..Ill pick some up tommorrow...what about that popping noise...it sounds like its coming from inside the supercharger.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Ok guys,
So I finally got it installed. My flashpro came in today. I went through the whole fp install and reflash my ecu to the correct year, the correct mods, and the right injectors.
So I start it up...It will idle up down up down up down..between 1 and 1500 rpm..
So I text my tuner...he says the idle is norml and hell fix that, but when I go to take it out...Ill start to let off the clutch and the rev goes to 3...then down to 3 then down...Ill press the clutch back in..its rev to 3 again about 2 more times and then go back to the 1k to 1500 idle again...
Im stuck. IDK what to do. I dont have any starter fluid around to check for a vacumm leak so idk what to do from here..
:wavey:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Okay it sounds like you have a hose in the wrong place somewhere. Since I've installed and un-installed 4 times now. Im defiantly thinking one of your vacumm hoses is wrong check the routing of the PCV hose and brake booster hose to make sure you didn't mix them up. There are some caps on the charger itself make sure all are there and accounted for. If you have a vacumm leak, it would be because a hose is wrong.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brake booster it on the nipple tooward the motor..and the pcv on is connected on the nipple towrds the car

·
Registered
122 Posts
New or used s/c?
Did you use a new tb gasket and is it installed properly?
Did you loctite the 4 bolts on the bottom brace to the bottom plate?
Are you torqued to spec on the bolts from manifold to head?
Can you drive the car at all?
Have you hooked up fp and watched a/f at idle?
Have you let it idle until cooling fan comes on? Idle learn process?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts