8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first post here but i've been reading these forums for quite a while and been a long time member over at H-tech.. just figured i'd say hi and i just ordered my Comptech bliss 2 days ago.. can't WAIT for the brown santa to arrive with it. :lildevil:

i'll be sure to follow up with dyno sheets and or vids. as soon as i have it all put together. anyone know any good socal shops near LA they trust for the install?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the belts and making sure the tension is 100% right and the fuel tank thing kinda scare me.. i just don't wanna mess anything up on the brand new car ya know? i dunno when i finnaly get my hands on some instructions i may attempt it. wanted stage 2 but in cali i doubt it would be smog certied. so at least this way i get my carb sticker with my stage 1 kit and i can go stage 2 later on down the road and i'm sure it will still pass the snif test ;)

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it really sucks. its not a matter of actually passing the sniffer test its mostly visual inspection too. so with the stage 1 coming smog certied i doubt the local smog guys gonna notice a smaller pulley if and when i upgrade to the stage 2 later on down the road when it becomes available. i doubt the extra psi will effect the emmisions all that much.
as far as the install since comptechs site is down i havent looked at instructions yet to see if its too much to tackle. you say its really not that bad huh?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
07mugencivic said:
why is that.......
all the emissions laws suck.

No sniffer test here, and if you have anykind of relationship with the garage inspecting you car you can have a race header and they dont give a damn as long as the CEL isnt on. Here in NC basically if your CEL isnt on and your tints arent to dark your car passes inspection.

at least where i live anyway

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its really no big deal except for the fact that when i get my SSR header to go with my blower im gonna have to swap it off everytime i smog. but i dont have to get tested for like 5 years or something like that since its new. and then its every 3 years after that. so eh just a PITA ya know.

·
Registered
877 Posts
vtecmike1 said:
first post here but i've been reading these forums for quite a while and been a long time member over at H-tech.. just figured i'd say hi and i just ordered my Comptech bliss 2 days ago.. can't WAIT for the brown santa to arrive with it. :lildevil:

i'll be sure to follow up with dyno sheets and or vids. as soon as i have it all put together. anyone know any good socal shops near LA they trust for the install?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
^ well i mean we still get checked for all the usual stuff as well, but those are just basic everyday car up keep.

I was just mainly refering to the emissions asspect of the inspection.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey thanks alot for the pdf file instructions i'll have to review em for a few days and see if i'm willing to give it a go. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts