8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
i dont see how they price the upgrade. They do it according to what you want them to do, so how do they know how much work its going to be to reprogram your ecu. I wouldnt do it just yet.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
ya man for that price they just reflash your chip from what I can tell. I don't like that, now if it had a interface that I/a tuner can adjust the AFRs and timing then it would be sweet.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to a sales rep at jet performance and there chip is just a reflash for timming and ignition. This would be for basic bolt ons. They also do not mod the vtec engagement.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
I talked to the sales rep. They will do honda. You send in your ecu the chip it and send it back.
Did you ask them if it was compatible with the CANBUS system us newer hondas have? Im pretty sure its only for older hondas.....

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you ask them if it was compatible with the CANBUS system us newer hondas have? Im pretty sure its only for older hondas.....
I asked if they could set up a chip for me with a turbo set-up for an 07 si. The rep said no only for bolt on set-up. I was hoping for a reflash for turbo similar to reflash for s/c but no go. I ask for 07 si and he said they could do it. So I would guess that means newer civic but It still helps me none.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
I asked if they could set up a chip for me with a turbo set-up for an 07 si. The rep said no only for bolt on set-up. I was hoping for a reflash for turbo similar to reflash for s/c but no go. I ask for 07 si and he said they could do it. So I would guess that means newer civic but It still helps me none.
I think their full of **** to be honest...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking that. If you go on the website it says custom chips. Tell them your mods and they will set it up for perfect tune dependant upon you mods. Then they said bolt ons only I was like wtf.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Jet is a bunch of BS they don't do anything to your ECU....Testing was done.

What I did was use an OBDII scan tool to bring up the calibration id and the CVN on the JET ECU. I did this test twice several hours apart to verify that information doesn't change. The stock ECU was plugged in during that time period. I have attached the pictures to show the ECU plugged in and the scan tool reading the ECU. I have also attached the calibration id table for all stock Acura RSX base model ECU's. If you take a look at the zip file you will see the document inside of there. That document was lasted edited on February 23rd, which is before I got the ECU yesterday. The reason this is important is because if you look at the calibration id table and the CVN number they match. This means that the ECU has not been modified in any way. Anytime you make a change to the ECU, that CVN number will change. I am going to test this more when I get back from the Hondata seminar this weekend but after all of my research, this does seem to be the case each and every time.
......."The Information mode displays identification information provided by the
vehicle's OBD n ECU. Information can include VIN, Calibration ID used for
software identification within the ECU, and Calibration Verification Number
used to determine whether emission-related calibrations have been altered."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts