8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far i've gotten nothing but friendly compliments on the fiji hfp kit coupe, tonight i parked it at the gas station to run into the store and there was a group of guys standing by their car talking and i noticed them notice it. came back out and they were just about leaving the one guy was in an eclipse with exhaust so as he was driving out behind my car i heard him give it a few revs and drop the clutch so his tires chirped (in the gas station parking lot lol)

just saying hi? or jealous? lol you make the call

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
i was at a light (in a left only lane) and some idiot in an old beat-ass infiniti G20 w/ fartcan comes up to me and starts revving the piss out of his car and says "Lets go" im like UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH your car sucks and we're both in only lanes

stupid people...

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Had a guy in an '07 Mazdaspeed 6 next to me at a light tonight. I was in the left lane and he was in the right. Light turns green and I walk my Si out normally. Mazdaspeed 6 lags behind. All of a sudden, I hear his turbo spool up and he shoots by me like I am standing still. He exits the road we were on and shoots a long entrance ramp to a freeway at high speed-maybe 75-80 mph. Another 8th Gen member was with me. We both look at each other like, "what happened?" Something about the Si that brings out the drag racer in everyone.

·
Registered
901 Posts
i rev at people. But really only rev at other 8th gen owners and give a friendly wave im not saying i want to race them its just alot cooler to salute them by giving a friendly rev than honking your little *** ass horn lol.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm not sure what it is either but when people notice it's an Si they go crazy! lol, it's like the "Si" logo is a full moon or something. Whenever I am cruising home from work @ night around 10PM on the highway doing about 75mph or so, I always get people who want to race me. I'm like WTF? I just got out of work doin a 10hr. shift and don't feel like dealing with these people lol.

One night I was in the fast lane and passed a last gen. Lexus IS250 who had a fart can on his car (that was prob. it) and I was doing about 80 and of course as soon as he noticed it was an Si that passed him he went nuts and flew past me doing like 95 and then slowed right down?! I don't get it...

·
Registered
586 Posts
lol, same thing happens to me all the time. I remember the other week, I was merging on to the freeway, and this 350z behind me starts reving on me. I ignore him and just start speeding up to merge in.

The guy guns his car, starts to lose control, and quickly gets on the emergency lane to speed away.....

:coffee:

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
^^^

a 350z came right behind on the lights....even though he had a free spot right next to me.

Respect to that dude.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
I would take it as a compliment. He went to the trouble of chirping... why would he bother if he didn't give you any credit?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
dnbsi said:
so far i've gotten nothing but friendly compliments on the fiji hfp kit coupe, tonight i parked it at the gas station to run into the store and there was a group of guys standing by their car talking and i noticed them notice it. came back out and they were just about leaving the one guy was in an eclipse with exhaust so as he was driving out behind my car i heard him give it a few revs and drop the clutch so his tires chirped (in the gas station parking lot lol)

just saying hi? or jealous? lol you make the call
there way of saying look at me im a douchebag!!!

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
i like to rev at old people and blast my 50 cent music and try to get them to roll down their windows. they usually take off in their oldsmobiles and dust me.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
MobiusTech said:
i like to rev at old people and blast my 50 cent music and try to get them to roll down their windows. they usually take off in their oldsmobiles and dust me.
I'm old. Lol.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I don't get a lot of crap in my RSX... I got a couple people being d-bags when I first got it... but none really after that.

Once an older model tiburon with a primer grey hood tried to pass me (right lane ends xxxft.) kind of thing...

A couple of pieces of white trash rev'd at me in their cop-car looking POS so I rev'd back and when the light turned, they took off chirping tires... I went slow. There was a cop at the next light facing us... he didn't do ****.

Hopefully if I get an Si, I won't have D-bags trying to do **** all the time

1 - 20 of 27 Posts