1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

First you need to remove the negative ground wire.... 10mm Socket

Then you need to remove the rocker pannels... It will just unclip

Unclip the plastic piece around the lock...... It will just unclip

Remove the screw that was under the the plastic piece...... Phillips head screwdriver

Remove the kick pannel.... It just unclips

Remove this clip on the each side of the console

Remove the plastic pannel from under the glove box....... It just unclips

Remove the front bolts under the front seats...... (2) on each seat........ 14mm Socket

Remove the plastic piece from around the arm of the seat to expose the bolt that needs to be removed.... It just clips

Remove the bolt..... 14mm Socket...... (2) on each seat

Remove plasic piece on the side of the seat...... (1) on each seat...... It just unclips

Remove the bolt holding the seat belt...... (1) on each seat....... 14mm Socket

Unplug the (2) white plugs and the (2) yellow plugs under each seat then remove the clip holding the wire to the bottom of the seat

Now you can remove the seats but be careful not to scratch your paint..... Now that the seats are out you can get to the console better

Now remove the the shift knob...... Use an adjustable wrench on the lock nut and twist the knob off

Now remove the shift boot and trim ring off the console....... Pull up it just unclips

Now remove the console piece that has the storage part in it directly unerneath the shift boot and trim ring..........Pull up it just unclips

Now you will see (4) phillips head screws remove only the outer (2) that are holding on the console....... Phillips head screw driver

Now lift the armrest and you will see a little piece of black fabric remove the fabric and then remove the (2) phillips head screws underneath....... Phillips head screw driver

Now you can remove the console

Now remove the plastic pannel between the front an rear doors one on each side....... It just unclips

Remove the nuts (2) holding the gas pedal bracket to the floor....... 10mm Socket...... Remove the dead pedal as well...... It just unclips

You DO NOT have to remove the back seat!!!!.... Just pull up on the seat and it will unclip..... Then you will see (2) clips holding the carpet down under the seat..... Remove the plastic pieces (2) under each corner of the back seat..... They just unclip

Now it is time to remove the carpet

You will have to cut the pices of carpet that cross under the console.......... There are (2) total....... Use a box cutter now you can remove the carpet......

Do not discard the old capet as it will now become your template to cut the holes and trim the sides of your new carpet

Now I used a piece of white chalk to trace the lines and holes

Here is how it looks once it has been traced with the chalk

Now that you can see the holes and lines use a box cutter to cut the lines and holes out

Now this is how it should look...... Now it is time to put it in the car

Now retrace your steps and enjoy.

This is how mine looked after I finished everything.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
ummmmmm im guessing this is a diy for removing the negative battery cable lol,thanks i needed this i always though the negative was the red one lol

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
:clapping:

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
928 Posts
I like it a lot!
Considered doing this, but I feel it would be too much red with my car being rallye red.
Yes I know the mugen RR is, but still just looks like too much red.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
very nice write up.

enjoy the redness

1 - 20 of 152 Posts