8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the differences of a JDM R18 compared to a USDM R18? I’m looking for a new engine to install into a friends USDM 8th gen civic ex but seems much easier to find a JDM R18. One of the JDM R18 engine listings mentioned modifications were required so I was just wondering what exactly needs to be done. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
You're doing it for a "friend" lol. You know it's yours!!! Instead of an R18, put in a R20. Same head, same block!!!! What do you think???? I'm looking into doing this myself!!! Could you post a link or cut and past where it said the JDM r18 engine needed modifications? I saw a youtube video today where the car pulled hard and dude said it was because it had an R20.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello bro! I would like to buy the same engine, because i got crack on my engine block 2007 EX. I have manual transmission on it. Is it a different connection to engine for automatic and manual? I mean if i will buy only the engine.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

·
Registered
7 Posts
Watch this JDM R18 video swap on youtube. You just have to swap a couple of parts off your old engine like the water/thermostat housing or something like that (right hand drive in Japan). You should try to get a AT JDM R18 if your's is automatic and a MT if yours is Manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts