8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my new emblems on today on my 07 sedan. the front installation went alright. but on the back the rear emblem doesnt sit perfectly on the trunk. theres a gap. im not sure if i placed the rear emblem in the right spot. i think you were suppose to cut off the pegs at the back of the new one but i didnt cuz it seemed like they fit together with the holes in the trunk. heres a picture were i placed the emblem. im not sure if its suppose to go up higher. i forgot to take a picture of the gap in a side view : ( also could it be the emblem for the coupe? the guy at the shop i bought it from told me they wee the right ones.

if i can get any help thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thought so thanks! would i have to remove it and get a new one or do you think i can remove it, put some kind of adhessive on it then relocate its position?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the input!! ill get this fixed asap. anyone reccomend anything to remove all the existing tape/adhessive?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
3m makes some clear double sided tape that's pretty thick. I used it on a wall in my house and when I tried to remove it, it pulled off both the paint and the texture.

·
Registered
490 Posts
just try to heat it up and rub it off with something, just dont damage the face of the emblem while you're doing that. you can try alcohol or goo gone when the adhesive gets less thick.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
......How can you mount them that low...wow! just wow! It's pretty much fool proof, and you still put them on wrong... :giggle:

next time, use painters tape, tape up to where your OEM emblem sits.

Remove oem emblem

align JDM emblem in square

voila..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that was myy baad. i didnt end up cutting iff the pegs at the back of the emblem and just inserted it in the holes of the trunk. that was my bad for not seeing if it sits flush on the trunk . anyways thanks for all the help guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.