8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DK if this is a Repost
I was on ICBMOTORSPORTS and found out they have a black dip stick from the FD2.

"IN STOCK NOW. Genuine JDM FD2 Civic Type R Black Dip Stock. Came from the FD2 Type R in Japan. Looks clean while adding the last JDM touch to your ride. BRAND NEW in the Honda of Japan packaging. Genuine Parts. For the complete JDM collector. Looking for some subtle accessories for your 06+ Civic Si. BRAND NEW in JDM Honda packaging. Fits all 06+ Civic Si Coupe/Sedan.

*Please note this FD2 dip stick is different from the 02-06 DC5 ITR or EP3 ITR and will not fit those motors"

·
Registered
649 Posts
that's amazing....

i'm thinking about buying JDM floormats, and i know they won't fit right, but i don't care, they're JDM y0!!!

i'm thinking about importing JDM windshield washers as well, what do you think? good idea? no?

*gratuitous sarcasm included*

...nothing against you personally man. just sometimes i really don't get the craze over menial petty objects that happened to not be distributed in this country...

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
that's amazing....

i'm thinking about buying JDM floormats, and i know they won't fit right, but i don't care, they're JDM y0!!!

i'm thinking about importing JDM windshield washers as well, what do you think? good idea? no?

*gratuitous sarcasm included*

...nothing against you personally man. just sometimes i really don't get the craze over menial petty objects that happened to not be distributed in this country...
It's black instead of orange. That's the subtle thing that people might want to change. I don't think JDM is what's driving people to get this (or is it:eek:hnoes:)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
its definitely the jdm aspect of it. if we had a black dipstick and mugen rr had the orange one.. this would be vice versa.
And if the South American cars got a green dipstick, I'm sure there'd be plenty of people getting that too. Again, I think being different is the driving force. Sure there are some idiots who get it just because it's JDM, but for the most part it's people wanting to feel special in a car that is as common as, well, a Civic.

·
Registered
649 Posts
And if the South American cars got a green dipstick, I'm sure there'd be plenty of people getting that too.

you see, i would have to disagree there.

did y'all know that in certain countries the FA5's have amber rear turning signals instead of red? i haven't heard of a single FA5 owner wanting to change to that. and it is just a color change - perhaps a bit more expensive of a color change, but i've seen people throw money at more expensive frivolous stuff. now, obviously, these are not JDM. so i'm not all that surprised that i haven't heard anyone talk about it.

then there's those guys that buy the shoshinsha and kareha badges for their car. now those tags are meant to display that the driver is either young and inexperienced, or old and getting slow in the head....so why do "enthusiasts" put these on their cars? to proclaim that they're new to driving or too old and shouldn't be doing it anymore? no, because its JDM.

i, just as well, typically feel this way about Mugen radiator caps and Spoon engine-bay socks....

a lot of it just gets plain ridiculous with how much we revere some foreign country.
did you know that in Japan there are actually people who put cars together as if they were American trying to be JDM? doesn't that just make you want to laugh? that's how bad it is here...bad enough where the country we're trying to emulate is now emulating our poor excuse of "modding" and our not being proud of the color of the badges we get here in the states...

*rant off*

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
i have one of these, lol. i got it for free from a friend.

if any one does order it, keep in mind that it is a little shorter than the OEM dipstick. ignore the top hole, and the bottom hole on the JDM dipstick is actually "full", there is no "low" hole to go by.

·
Registered
649 Posts
lol, a free mod is a free mod.
and doesnt alter the function, just have to remember to ignore the top hole. it still measures the oil level.
just as much as paying more doesn't necessitate better, free doesn't equal it being ok.

however you might gauge it, now having to remember something that you previously didn't have to worry about is an added nuisance/responsibility/specificity. if it didn't have that niche', cool, color, JDM factor to it, it would be immediately replaced with a stock dipstick that you could therefore plug in and use without having to think about it.

such as if you sold your car to someone who couldn't care less. and if you told them about the dipstick...they could just as much ask for the stock one because the color switch isn't worth having to remember to always adjust how they read it.

*just my opinion* :smile:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.