8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Respectfully disagree. If you properly adjust the headlight, your fine.

The lm is 4-5x brighter than a stock lm bulb. I have read up on this before my purchase. Do the same OP! As for cheaper. You get what you pay for! At $79 with a lifetime warranty, there is much cheaper unless it's Ebay junk. They are also digital. These are factory direct from a lighting company. Again, OP do some research like I did.

Here is the data!
stock bulb is 25lm per watt VS a HID is 90-110lm per watt. It pays to get educated :)

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Respectfully disagree. If you properly adjust the headlight, your fine.

The lm is 4-5x brighter than a stock lm bulb. I have read up on this before my purchase. Do the same OP! As for cheaper. You get what you pay for! At $79 with a lifetime warranty, there is much cheaper unless it's Ebay junk. They are also digital. These are factory direct from a lighting company. Again, OP do some research like I did.

Here is the data!
stock bulb is 25lm per watt VS a HID is 90-110lm per watt. It pays to get educated :)
Do not ever listen to guys like this ^

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Yes, your math is pretty wrong.
You're right about the luminex. But wrong on the type of housing which fully benefits from the lumens emmitted by the bulb.
35w, the glare is bad enough and now you're telling him to get a 50w kit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Before I tell you what I do for a living an embarrass you, tell me first, have you ran these in a stock housing before? I think it's safe to assume you either got a ticket and "someone" made you take them out or you don't like other drivers with them and it just annoys you. You can choose "c" both :)

If OP wants me to do a video and show him, I would. Although, I am sure youtube has them too. Also, OP, most PD's will give you a citation if you don't have them in a DOT approved housing. Again, do your home work. Don't take someone's word for it, not even mine. Get educated!

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
Before I tell you what I do for a living an embarrass you, tell me first, have you ran these in a stock housing before? I think it's safe to assume you either got a ticket and "someone" made you take them out or you don't like other drivers with them and it just annoys you. You can choose "c" both :)

If OP wants me to do a video and show him, I would. Although, I am sure youtube has them too. Also, OP, most PD's will give you a citation if you don't have them in a DOT approved housing. Again, do your home work. Don't take someone's word for it, not even mine. Get educated!
It's okay, You're embarrassing yourself by pretending to know things you have no idea about.
Better yet, I've been messing around with HID's since 05 and permanently tweaking them.
But hey "mister 40 year old who should never be educated by a 23 year old", keep the embarrassment going. Afterall, I won't be replying to you anymore. I will let others have fun with your lack of knowledge.
I will end this with a few things that should shut you up once and for all:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting-h-i-d-s-neon/145626-budget-projector-cheap-clear-lenses.html

Goodnight Mister 40 year old

·
Registered
10 Posts
1. I currently have it in mine :dance:
2. OP never said he wanted projector lights or did he want to use his orignal lights. He asked a blanked statement.
3. I am sure your aware I am not the only one to run the in a stock headlight right?
4. This isn't school, nor college. Think out of the box. If all he has is $99, just get them.
5. If you guys want to continue this, go ahead. It's pointless. If the OP want to run them, join the rest of us that do. If you can't tell who has projector lights and stock headlights with HID's then you don't need them. I see them all the time is my point.
6. Go ahead, the $10 profit will not make or break anyone. Avoid them.

Good night. Tell your parents to set the alarm.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
You own a lighting company, and yet you're still recommending a 50w HID in halogen reflector...

What company is that? I'll be sure to avoid it :)
There are many companies' owners and managers of these so called pnp kits who don't even know what the hell is inside the products they are selling. Of course he'll recommend anything he's selling. That's part of misinforming the customer to make a quick buck. They all do that.

To that guy, you own a company, great.
You're still wrong. You're so happy to try to teach me a lesson yet you're just making an ass out of yourself, digging that hole deeper and deeper. i'm giving you facts, you're just giving me the "I own a company" or "i'm 40 years old u can't teach me anything" or "your aware"(it is YOU ARE or YOU'RE aware).
The OP asked a question, we gave him alternatives to better solutions.
Then, you came on here talking like you're the king. All you can do is a simple math.
2 + 2 is 4.
Wrong + wrong is still wrong.
Get it? I gave you examples as to why you should get off your high horse and talk to us with respect. We give respect to get respect. If someone's talking out of their ass to make a quick buck, then that person deserves no respect whatsoever in this forum.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.