8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
James' FA5 Build (WITH LOTS OF PICTURES)

Hello Everyone,

My name is James and I recently joined this forum but I have been building my car for a little over 2 years already. I bought the car way back from the Honda dealership, it was a used 2007 Civic Si Sedan.

I was very happy because it was my second car coming from a whoopty 90 honda accord but it was the first car I bought with my own hard earned money back in Fall of 2014 :). Of course one of the first few small mods I did where red emblems and a Rep Mugen wing (I know i know I was struggling I was fresh outta highschool working and saving up for better mods lol)

In January of 2015 I finally manage to save up enough money to purchase my coilovers :)

That was when I wanted to be about that #StanceNation life
:dance:

Once I lowered the car I was in search for wheels to get decent fitment so me being a fresh college student now im hurting for money sooooo I ended up getting some replica wheels (ESRs) oh whale xD

I then summited a application to get into Inspire-USA and surprisingly I got in!!!:woowoo:

After getting bannered back in May of 2015 I finally got a front lip, I didnt plan on putting much money into the USDM body because my ultimate goal was to save up for the FD2 conversion!

Oh yah when I got bannered is the same day I purchased my Invidia Q300 which is a amazing exhaust! Still have it on today! Oh yah I got into this car group called Midnight Reign if you wanna follow us on instagram the name is @Midnight.Reign we have some pretty nice builds and a lot of variety!

after about almost of year of being slammed and scraping 24/7 I missed doing backroads like when I first got my car and tearing up the corners with my stock Si. Well to make things short I bottomed out on this one back road and I actually hit my oil pan. I didnt bust it just scratched it but I told myself okay maybe its time to go functional! So I did and I got some new REAL wheels :dancingcoolsmiley:

After enjoying the current USDM state it was time for a change!

Ditched the entire rear end and went with FD2 Type R conversion buuttt just the rear! Also I picked up a Js style spoiler off of kplayground.

Next thing is next I ditched the Mugen style skirts for some Type r ones and got some small canards. I didnt wanna dump more money into the front but I wanted something kinda small before I ditch the entire USDM front end!

And now the moment I have finally been waiting for.... FD2 front end was in full effect in November of 2016!! :dance:

I do have a small video of bits of piece of my friends and I installing it on youtube if you go onto youtube and search "Full FD2 Conversion" it should be the first video at the top! Not going to lie I was more than excited to finally leave my USDM Civic behind and move forward with my new FD2 conversion!

Not much later I was looking for a new GT wing but I wanted to make this FD2 build different from the rest so I stayed away from the typical Js wing even tho I def loved it and I went with a Battle Aero probably one of the first FD2 to rock a Battle Aero trunk mount spoiler. I picked it up at Inspire HQ and installed that same day. (December 2016)

My car has def came a long way!!

Sadly my RR bumper didnt last very long and I still dont really know what happen to it. It was either vandalized or it just some how cracked while I was away from my car. Insurance saw the pictures and said it was most likely vandalized so I was pretty sad because I enjoyed the RR bumper. Thankfully insurance actually covered my the cost of my bumper and for paint!! ( February 2017)

After waiting for about 2-3 weeks for my check to get mailed to me once I got it I went straight back to Inspire HQ and they had a bumper that I at first wasnt the biggest fan of seeing it over pictures but once I saw it in person I was def excited to get it painted and on the car before Car Show registration started opening up! oh the bumper is made by M&M Honda Racing :woowoo:

After getting the bumper I noticed that my tires were already starting to show wire:facepalm::facepalm: Sooooo I got some new meat for my wheels! I decided to go with 255/40 front and 245/40 rear.
Sadly going 245/40 in the rear probably wasnt the best idea because I RUB LIKE CRAZY. So to kinda reduced my rubbing I raised my car higher up and finally picked up some camber arms to adjust the rear, I got godspeed, got them installed and go a alignment! I reduced camber in the rear buuuttt that caused me to rub once again but not that bad. After picking up the camber arms a month later my rotors were starting to wear so instead of getting them resurfaced I just decided to go slotted :)

Now sent in my application to Wekfest San Jose and well... guess what? (April 2017)

I got accepted!!! okay now its time to get the final pieces to finish it and get it all ready for Wekfest San Jose 2017 in California! I put my downpayment for custom aero to be made end of May beginning of June so I will have to leave my car with the shop! Im getting a custom diffuser and custom front splitter. I also picked up some M&M Honda Racing rear flare not just for the show but also to get rid of the rubbing in the rear lol.

Car is ready for Wekfest!!

I will keep updating my build as I get closer to Wekfest and so on!! (May 7, 2017):dancing::wheee::vtec:

·
Registered
12 Posts
WOW, you've completely changed the looks of your car.... several times :shocked:

And that front bumper is something I've never seen.
What are the engine mods?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW, you've completely changed the looks of your car.... several times :shocked:

And that front bumper is something I've never seen.
What are the engine mods?
so far nothing done to motor, I took a year break from modding my civic because I started a new job but this year I will be trying to get back into it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
1/25/2019
soooooo I took a year break from cars but now starting 2019 I have some plans

To start off for those who were following Wekfest was amazing! Truly something I will never forget and what a great experience

So 2019... Decided to go for a new look. So the new front end consist of Js racing bumper and grill with a CF INGS hood which is on the way.

also I manage to order new coilovers (Js Racing Black series) which are very new still for the FA5 chassis. Reason why I got new coilovers is because my D2s are about 3 years old and the rear shocks are blown so I figured why not order new coilovers. They made their debut in 2017 and I haven't heard or seen anyone run these coilovers before but we all know Js Racing doesnt mess around. It was either these or fortune autos but I wanted Js Racing:dancingcoolsmiley:

ooh oh ohhh cant forget a special purchase with the thanks of Inspire-USA based out of Fremont, Ca

I am a happy camper with my brand new TE37SL (17x9 +22):woowoo::dance:
Finally I did order a Js Racing limited addition steering wheel but it hasnt come in yet so I bought another for daily use

Heres my Momo w/ Works bell hub. I will try to update this as much as I can this year because I do have a lot planned for this car in 2019. So far im still waiting on my hood, coilovers, steering wheel.... Oh and one last part... you guys ready?:pics:

Yes, I also have a Voltex Type 1 spoiler on the way aswell. Thank you Inspire-USA for all the help and special ordering me these parts. Well till next time 8th fam! the wait still continues :wheee:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also im sorry my original pictures became invalid i will work on bringing those back so new people can see the start up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
9/24/19
Alright so time to update everyone on what has been going on with the build...
To start off i got my Igns style hood and Voltex wing and got my hardrace tie rod ends installed along with a lot more stuff... so let me show you guys

I also picked up a daily so I dont have to daily my Si anymore

Here is the Voltex wing mock up, we drilled the mounts and left them in the trunk

Hood and trunk went in for paint and reclear. Got tired of having a lot of exposing carbon fiber so I got the hood paint matched and the trunk painted like the spoon trunk even tho the spoon trunk is just a fancy carbon garnish... mines full carbon lol

Wing is also on!!!✈

Here are my extra goodies: Stoptech BBK, Bride Vios 3 seats, Limited addition Js Racing steering wheel ALSO SIGNED by the president of Js Racing.

Soooooo this is happening now... Tires of choice Potenza RE71Rs 255/40 front and 225/45 rear

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
9/24/19 PT2:

Sooooo i couldnt fit everything so here is pt2

Fitment of the TEs (17x9 +22 Squared)

Soooo I also got my Js Style diffuser in and installed asap!! I had to go to muffler shop for them to make me new piping for my ktuned x invidia setup to fit with the diffuser because JDM...

Annnddd to fix my fitment issues with my hood I got aerocatches and boy did that not only fix my fitment but my hood no longer wobbles freely #sketchAF 😅😅😅

Sooooo the aerocatch install was like the biggest pain in the butt but hey theyre on and secured!! Ill post pictures on how the car looks later in the month or next but if you guys from the Bay Area are going to Shukai 2k19 in San Jose, stop by the Inspire booth and say hi to me :3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts