8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Please take notice that the following is exactly what Jackolee wrote himself, however the thread closed due to arguments and unnecessary posts. This thread is Jackolee's review of my SiSM intake. Please do not post negativity in or about this thread. That is not the point. All unnecessary posts will be removed. Again, this is more than a forum, it's a community.

OK, Here is my review of SiSM's intake.

I got my intake a few weeks ago, and I'll tell you I've never loved any intake as much as this one. The gains of a Cold Air Intake but the sound of a Short Ram Intake. This thing turns heads when people hear it.

SiSM

After I installed it I could tell right away that the pulled was stronger, and the car was pushing harder too. The RPMs were shooting up too. So all in all you can feel the gains this intake gives you right away. Not to mention that the v-tec hits alot hard and sounds so good.

Things that came with intake:
Aftermarket Filter
CRV Tubing
Modified MAF Housing
Heat Shield

I promise you, you wont regret it.

Here are some pictures of my Si and a local EX with the SiSM Intake

Again, keep any negativity to a minimum.

According to my GTech Pro, I have gotten 13whp - 18whp increases from the SiSM intake on my K20Z3. There are no dynos near me in LI for any reasonable price (Lowest I got was around 250 for 2 pulls, and that's after arguing)

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I'd buy yours if you could actually produce Dyno runs like Xfactor does. What kind of filter is that? How did you modify the MAF to get better gains than X's does? 18 WHP sounds almost too good to be true for an SI, you'd be putting down over 200 WHP with just an intake.

Looking forward to some dynos (ask your customers to do some and re-imburse them). Any vids of it? Interested in the sound

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
While I almost DON'T ever do this, I *agree* with "I Vtec, do you?". :thumb:

It's just so rare that it happens!

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I'm glad you enjoy the intake. The thread is closed as is the other - due to the same fights starting up again and again. The member who created this intake is no longer a vendor on the site so it's null and void anyway. I'm glad if you're happy with it, but others are going to continue to argue about HP gains vs X's intake and the dyno #'s. I'm sick of hearing how one is modified differently and who copied who

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.