8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys can you slap a j35 throttle body on a stock RBC mani without boring it out? and what gasket do i need with it. thats all .thanks

·
Registered
11,617 Posts
Yes you can bolt it right up but you might make 1-2hp from it because your not utilizing the sizing to its potential

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
i really doubt you would make anything with it....you are limited by the size of the inlet on the manifold...if you port that you will see some results maybe..

·
Registered
47 Posts
So correct me if I'm wrong somebody.. J35 throttlebody will fit a stock k20z3 manifold but need the certain gasket or spacer and will not make much hp? Or does it need to be bored, and also does it fit the RRC manifold without bore?

I'm asking this cause I cannot afford both at the same time so if I can I will pick up the throttlebody and manifold later

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
stock manifold size is between 62-63mm

The j35 tb is 64.5mm

You need to port the manifold open to use the j35 properly.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Is a general knowledge and proved multiple times that the stock RBC inlet size is 62mm.

I remember doing this test of using the TB gasket as the comparison tool between my J35 outlet and stock RBC inlet. The difference was clearly. The RBC inlet was smaller.

Check with a caliper to get a more accurate reading of the size.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts