8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my flashpro. I'm about to dynotune it for $500. :bleh:

Should I have more parts before I do this? I've considered camshafts, spacers, etc., but I don't think it's necessary. My clutch is still stock, and I don't plan on doing any forced induction.

Thanks in advance for the opinions.

K&N sri, Vibrant header, HKS exhaust

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I think you should wait and go over all your goals for the car again. If you spend $500 with those mods your lucky to hit 210 that's about the average. I would invest in some cams to make that $500 seem more worth it.

I would hate to keep plunking down $500 for a dyno tune when ever i started adding anything significant..

I would look in too a e tune instead for the time being and save yourself some money..

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you should wait and go over all your goals for the car again. If you spend $500 with those mods your lucky to hit 210 that's about the average. I would invest in some cams to make that $500 seem more worth it.

I would hate to keep plunking down $500 for a dyno tune when ever i started adding anything significant..

I would look in too a e tune instead for the time being and save yourself some money..
how much is an e-tune? i'm not too familiar with it that's why. are cams worth the performance gain?

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
most e tunes are around $100 they will have you data log then exchange them until they are fined tuned to your satisfaction..

with stage2 cams with those mods you should be in the 220hp area but there are other small mods you can also add..

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
most e tunes are around $100 they will have you data log then exchange them until they are fined tuned to your satisfaction..

with stage2 cams with those mods you should be in the 220hp area but there are other small mods you can also add..
small mods? what's left other than cams?

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
throttle body spacer,larger throttle body,ported intake manifold,switching your sri to a cai..

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've considered those. But I think I'll stop after the flashpro. I don't expect big gains, but just enjoying the ride and drive experience.

I don't track anyway.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
I/h/e + Fpro with an E-tune is perfect for the street.

Dyno tuning is only worth it if you have a ton of mods (or F/I) and want to see how much you're putting down as the final tuning step.

I wouldn't spend $500 to dyno tune with just i/h/e

E-tune FTW

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
e-tune is gonna cost $200.. argh. wouldn't it be better to just overkill it at start? i don't plan on getting anymore performance for a while.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
You will be MORE then happy with a properly tuned Calibration from an online tuner.

I mean, its your money, if you want to blow it, do us a favor and test it out....

Get an E-tune and then go to your dyno tuner and tell him that the tune is basically done and all he's need to do is touch up on a few things real quick, (but do a before dyno run so you can compare HIS tuning to the E-tune)

He should charge you much less considering he wouldn't need to start from scratch and spend hours tuning your shiet.

It should still come out to under $500 either way but at least you'll have Data so we can see how just how good the E-tunes really are.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got a "deal" from him, that's why i was offered to do the dyno tune. $700 for flashpro, $500 for the tune. those prices are also in CAD, so it's a tad higher.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
i've been thinking about the same things as well. i have I/H(HFC)/E/P/FP/IMG/TBG. i'm thinking of just doing an e-tune for now and getting a wide bore TB and ported IM and maybe cams b4 i do a dyno tune.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i've been thinking about the same things as well. i have I/H(HFC)/E/P/FP/IMG/TBG. i'm thinking of just doing an e-tune for now and getting a wide bore TB and ported IM and maybe cams b4 i do a dyno tune.
you've got more than what i can afford. lol. i definitely can't get anymore.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts