8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really weird. I updated the software on my OEM navi to 6.56A. I came from 6.11C. The problem is, I want to go back to 6.11C, but the Navi won't let me. When I put the old disc back in, I get an error message saying something like, "You have a newer version installed, please check disk".

Now I haven't tried to disconnect my battery, but I have a feeling that won't matter. Has anyone seen this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
The system isn't made to revert back to an older version. Granted someone may have figured out a way to hack it, but I have yet to hear about it.

And out of curiosity, why would you want to go back to an older version?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because there's still all kinds of places (like major stores and hotels) that don't seem to be in it's database. I've been really disappointed. I thought the update would fix it, but no luck.

(Your avatar is Freakin' awesome - Scary, but sweet!)

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Yeah, that's the problem with those discs. You really don't know if everything has been updated until after the fact. Not to mention, each of those discs have data that's somewhere between 6 months to 2 years behind in data updates.

Glad you like the avatar :smile: The spirits have got me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts