8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as most of you already know I bought the AJP Kit Zionrug was selling (keep the AJP hate down in this thread please)

I also ordered an Ingalls "Stiffy" Engine Torque Dampener and a set of Eibach Pro Kit Springs from Corsport :thumb: As well as a set of Work Emotion CR KAI 17x8 in Bronze with 225/45/17 BFG KDW2 with Work Lugs from Vivid Racing. I'm now looking into clutches I saw some people were having problems with certain brands has anyone had any luck with finding a good aftermarket clutch?:redface:

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I know nothing about clutches...On the other hand I love AJPs kit, you won't find any hate on it from me. Congrats on the kit your so lucky...I wanna see pics!

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea everything but the kit should be on next week. My kit gets installed on December 5th. I'll be doing an install thread and prolly be posting in the AJP blog. I'll let everyone know when it gets a little closer. :D there may also be some video ;)

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
So as most of you already know I bought the AJP Kit Zionrug was selling (keep the AJP hate down in this thread please)

I also ordered an Ingalls "Stiffy" Engine Torque Dampener and a set of Eibach Pro Kit Springs from Corsport :thumb: As well as a set of Work Emotion CR KAI 17x8 in Bronze with 225/45/17 BFG KDW2 with Work Lugs from Vivid Racing. I'm now looking into clutches I saw some people were having problems with certain brands has anyone had any luck with finding a good aftermarket clutch?:redface:
For the clutch, stay away from ACT. They make a good clutch, but I have not heard good experiences from those that have used it on these cars. I'd suggest going with either Exedy or ClutchMasters.

I have the Exedy HyperSingle on my car and am very happy with it. It is a six puck stage three clutch. Exedy makes the stock clutch so an upgraded one from them is a good choice but a little pricy (over $1,000.00 for the HyperSingle that comes with a light-weight flywheel). The petal pressure is about 1.5 over stock. If you search the forum for "Exedy HyperSingle", you'll see a bunch of detailed PICs and posts that I made during the installation.

Since AJP is installing your turbo kit, then you should have them change out the clutch at the same time. It would be cheaper doing it while the turbo is being installed. They will also likely suggest using a ClutchMasters disk while using the stock flywheel and pressure plate. That is a good choice as well and will save you a few bills over going with the HyperSingle.

Other than that, I presume you are going to be using their Hondata based reflash? Are you also going to have the fuel return kit installed as well? Any other gems?

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks for the info. says i cant +rep you anymore right now though :(

Reactions: blue1

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so the clutchmasters like FX400?

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not really concerned about the price. i just want it to last.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
gratz on the purchase i just recently purchased a new supercharger kit myself. and will prob get a exedy stage 2 clutch with flywheel myself but i would prob consider a stage 3 if i went ajp like yourself. prob is ive heard nothing but probs with ajps reliability and fit and finish. good luck though. you're braver then i am purchasing a second class rushed released product. hope nothing but the best for you. but i predict nothing but problems as so many others have experienced.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey thanks for shitting in my thread. i can tell you know nothing about the kit that i purchased.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
don't get me wrong i hope YOU have 0 problems. its just ajp doesn't exactly have a top notch reputation. all i'm saying is don't be surprised if you run into a few snags here and there before you get up and running 100%. me personally i wouldnt even consider that kind of power until K-pro was out. but like i said in the other post best of luck to you. and i hope you make the power your looking for. didn't mean to seem like i was bashing on ya.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Can I have some of your excess money? You could write it off your taxes as a "charitable donation":biggrin:

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Just an FYI.. I'm selling my Exedy Stage 2 (3 puck) with 9lb flywheel.. PM if your interested. My car in the shop for the next few months and need a twin disc (carbon).

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Haha I think its hilarious,....everytime the acronym AJP gets thrown out there everyone gets touchy. Haha.

Good luck with your kit and purchase. Definantely go with the exedy stage 3. Your going to be significantly upping power into that area of neccessity. That clutch will be strong and reliable. Cant wait for the pics!

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
latest update:
Thanks Corsport my stuff beat the tracking email to my house lmao. (cellphone quality)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
just wondering where you getting your money from...lol:thumb::popcornbig:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts