8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I was heading out today with my brother. I pulled out of the drive way and my brother pointed in a long mark on my car. After taking a closer look, it was for a fact, I was keyed. It started from the door handle of the back door, stopped, and continued to the passenger door I spent the last 3 hours washing my car and attempt to buff it out. I managed to get the light scratches off, but the more deeper ones, I am pretty much screwed.

To other members who have been keyed, what did you do? Is it worth getting fixed? How much will it cost?

Heres what's left:

·
Registered
14,801 Posts
man that totally sucks..but i'm in the same boat too my passenger side fender was keyed and i havent yet to come around to fixing it..mine was down to the metal..i had to use the touch up paint got temporary use

·
Registered
561 Posts
I can't see the pictures.

Does your insurance company cover damage like this? Call them and ask if you do not know.

Go to auto body shops around you and ask for quotes.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Dang, that bites. I wish people would use their heads for something other than a place to hang their hats. Sorry about that. Would be fun for Mr. Ironbar to meet the skull of Mr. Miscreant. :sadwavy:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
man looking at that made my stomach turn. hope those bastards get whats coming to them. seriously, what kind of pussyshit bastard ***** with another mans automobile

·
Binks
18,140 Posts
man that sux. at least it wasnt like two feet long like what happened to my friends car. touch up paint will help and people will barely notice it from a distance.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I feel your pain. I live in an apartment building, so my parents park their car in a parking lot. The people who previously parked next to us never gave a sh*t whether they were hitting our Highlander or not. Whoever got in their passenger side kept slamming their door into our Highlander, and now that they've moved spots because they have some fancy shmancy BMW, my parents' car is left with scratch marks on the rear passenger side door. It's a shame.

On a side note, I don't know what I would do if someone keyed my car. I was leaving school and some a**hole left their McDonald's soda on my roof. I dunno if they dumped some on my car or anything, because it was raining. I was pissed that someone treated my car as a garbage receptacle, and I just chucked the damn thing across the street...turns out I almost hit a Mazda coming down the street :pat:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts