8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I give up.... dealer called me today (not my dealer but the manager) he said that they got a Galaxy Grey Si...

I walk in.. Its there amazing car. I sit in it... i get chills. Then the sales manager see's me and says, (your dealers name) isnt here today but would you want to take this one home today instead of waiting for the Fiji Blue. In my head i said hell no but then i said to myself... why not? its nice and i get it now.

So i asked him what the price is. He takes me to the pasanger side and I see MSRP: 20540. Then he points to another price 25540. I look at him. And say, are you serious? He nods. I said what the fawk you guaranteed me MSRP or lower. He starts telling me this bull about how its limited production and its the 1st one they got. Before he was done I said, tommorow im talking to (my dealer) and if your gonna mark it up I am getting my deposit back.

Backstabbers. If my dealer confirms this (which it will probably happen) gonna go look for used. Im sick of this crap.

Btw my dad was there with me. He looked the the manager. He said I get get my son an Acura RSX-S for cheaper and its an Acura. And what did the manager say "Go ahead"

Guess they are gonna have a whole car lot of keyed cars tomm night

·
Registered
201 Posts
That suck a fatty. What pressure. Did they let you test drive. Ism there a competitor around town anywhere? If all else write honda and see what kind of response you get back. It is worth the effort. :banghead:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dang Kabs,

Sorry to hear that. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I am in the process of dealing with the dealer I got my car from as I type. They ordered parts for the car... called me to bring it in... and now they cant find the parts. I have family and friends that have bought many cars from them and I told them that if this is the way it is going to be they can plan on loosing business in the future. They wont give me a loaner car and They called today and said it was finished and then I got a call back after the post I put explaing some of the issues and told me well we made a mistake you car wont be done till later this week. It took them almost a month to even get me finianced. They would find a good rate and then call me... a day later oh something happened. Then finally I got it all taken care of and then they wanted more money down. I told them see ya and before I could even get out the door then stopped me and said ok we will do it with the money you have down and you can take the car home today. I even got them to throw in the 3M hood protietive film for free.

Well ok enough...

Hope things go well for you!

Z

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Kabs said:
[email protected] :banana-wa

First!...Most dealers are gonna do that to start off for there fews SIs. This is why I havent put a down payment, cause my honda dealer manager told me what will be happening in other Honda dealers, and hes right, just like how it happend to you, im sorry it happend, but dont worry your gonna get yours faster then me, maybe. After they sell those few SIs, once they get there 2nd shipments is when they go back to MSRP for the reason that this car is in Demand, and theres actually people that will pay more then MSRP for it.
Im sure there is no1 here in this site that will get 1k below MSRP for the reason that this car is in demand, and everyone wants 1, and 15k are gonna be made only. That is the reason why I am waiting till Late January to get my car, cause at the beginning of January dealers should be getting the SI since the Shipment was delayed, and was sent from Canada to some dealers December 15th, and will be arriving beginning of January. So if I were you all, id wait till Febuary, or late January, or this samething will happen to you.

Bye now... :banana-wa

·
Registered
141 Posts
You have to Be patient.. The new Si is just now starting to show up at the dealrships. Did you get it on paper when then quoted you msrp..if you did just wait for the car. You should have signed a sales order when you left a deposit that said what you are going to pay for it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh yeah one other thing..the s2000 and the 350z will not get around in the snow like a front wheel drive car will. Have you looked at any used fiji blue si's. I have seen them for around 10-12k.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's stupid. If they presold it they should sell it to you at the price you agreed upon. That's bad business. Find another dealer that will sell it at MSRP, most likely a large dealership will be doing this. Small delaerships won't see the 2-3 Si's a month that the larger dealerships will. If the car came in unsold then it would make more sense to mark it up. (I said make more sense---I don't agree with it) Timing is everything. Somone will walk in 8 hours til christmas and offer them $1000 over MSRP and the dealer will take it. It's a "If you wont, someone else will" market for the Si. We're not marking ours up, and most people don't believe us - until they bought it for exactly what we said we'd sell it for. MSRP. Two happy Si Owner's to date.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
damn kabs! im really sorry to hear that. they really screwed you over. i wish that you could wait for the si. that would be really cool! but if you get the s2k, that would be cool too.. however just think about it in depth before you make your decision.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i know what you mean kabs, i talked to 2 dealerships in my area, 1 place wanted 24k for the si and the other (which has my deposit) is asking 22k with navi. dunno how this is going to turn out but that same day i found the si to be 24k i found this... :thumb:

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=190900736&dealer_id=67293&car_year=2001&model=S2000&bkms=1135132490118&make2=sel_one&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=1981&engine=&certified=&fuel=&search_type=used&distance=50&make=HONDA&color=&min_price=&drive=&max_mileage=&address=33409&advanced=y&end_year=2006&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=48#vdptop

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well this is the way i see it. I did fill out a file but there was never any mntion f prove cuase the dealer said they didnt know anything back then.

They told me a week ago MSRP... today its 5k over lol

I want a new Fiji Blue Si, not the crappy hatch (no offence to anyone! i just dont like its performance)

As for the S2k and 350z yea they are bad in snow but i will be getting snow tires + wont drive them like sports cars

I cant shop around cause they are all presold anyways =\

W/e tomm ill find out for 100% from my salesman =P

Also, while writing this Webby gave me a few tips... ill do all of it tomm and post what happens

·
Registered
141 Posts
What about a 1999 or 2000 fiji blue si. Its not a hatch. And they alway turn my head.. Just an awesome car with many possiable mods. Last si coupes made before they turned it into a hatch.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry to hear your news man! I think a huge number of us were told "no markup". The same with me and my dealer. It's all a matter of waiting to see how freakin stingy they are going to be!! I know if I go back in, and they say some crazy figure, I will get my deposit back, and they will not only lose my business, but my whole family and a crapload of my friends that have been referred by me, and that won't be happening again. Bla, bla, bla, they'll sell the damn thing anyway!! Some rich sap will pay 5k over for his underaprreciative 15 year old son or daughter!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Trust me, you do not want a 350z. After you've driven an s2k, a 350z's transmission seems too harsh and bulky.

As for what happened... I'm sorry for you buddy.
RSX-S is actually my 1st choice right now on my list.
My dad doesn't like the like of the Si and he approves of the type S.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
mcpaige said:
Whats the dealers name and address ? I dont care, I'm talking to http://www.hondaofbowie.com/ http://gbhondacity.brownscar.com/ and http://www.criswellhonda.net/ (the dealerships, not going tho website) they all know me I've been by multiple times. Which ever one give me the Si I want at the right price WINs. I haven't been by http://www.laurelhonda.com/ but will.
Another Virginian I see. Have you had any luck getting yourself a place in line at MSRP or less at any of those dealerships?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I say hang in there. Get some internet quotes from some other dealers in the state. I bet you find someone that will deal and maybe even force your dealer to be reasonable. I ended up going 90 miles away to buy my car. Good luck I hope it works out for ya.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts