8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked my 07 Si up Tuesday and I hadn't dealt with manual transmission for last 4 years. I'm still kinda nervious shifting especially at above 6k where all the fun starts:vtec:. It didn't even feel that much faster than my 04 maxima that i trade in for my Si. but more I drive my Si, I realized that i stopped thinking about my Maxima and enjoy driving my Si. I just can't stop smiling even when i don't think about my Si.

Only the problem is my WIFE....i didn't tell her that i was getting a SI even after sigining for the car, and i was not gonna tell her that until she asked me for a drive to see how it drives compare to her A4. I was shifting at 2.5k and driving in 5th at 45mph while she was complaining about seats and asking me why exhaust tip is bigger and louder than her friend's civic. i just said that that is the difference between coupes and sedans. so i turned around to head home on rt 1 and kept shifting at 2.5k. when i shift into 3rd,
she said " I like the interior except the seats. it's cute."
"Cute?".....i stopped shifting.....
"Yeah.....but it's just CIVIC......my A4 drives much better and FASTER!!!!"
so finally, i asked her if she noticed "SI" signs in and outside of the car..
and when she said NO, I downshifted to 2nd and kept shifting at 7.5k..
Feeling the vtec put smiles on my face but my wife went nuts.....
she still doesn't understand the idea of vtec and thinks that my car is modded with some aftermarket parts. she also keep asking me why does it feel so different although her a4 has turbo than my SI.
I just gave up explaining her about my car and just told her that's what SI means.

long story short.....I love my SI sooooooooo much~~~~~:thumb:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Good to see someone else loves their SI! :vtec:

Too much hate flowing around here...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
is she mad at u buying a new toy without her approval or mad that u got a cooler car than she does?
She is mad at me because i bought a car which is close to s2k,my dream car.
when we lived in las vegas, my friends who had 03 evo, 02 wrx and 03 s2k(i had 99 eclipse gsx that time) drove her from home to work or work to home whenever i couldn't. they were heavly modded and s2k had spoon exhaust which was the loudest. from that experience, she hates evos, wrxs or stis and s2ks. especially she hates s2k the most because it only has 2 seats and stiff ride and was the loudest. that's why i couldn't buy s2k this time beside budget problem...she just goes nuts whenever i mention s2k.:readtherules:

I'll never forget the sound of spoon exhaust and the feeling of vtec in s2k.:vtec:

PS. in her point of view, my SI is small and loud with uncomfortable seats.....and IT's just CIVIC rather than SI.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
She is mad at me because i bought a car which is close to s2k,my dream car.
when we lived in las vegas, my friends who had 03 evo, 02 wrx and 03 s2k(i had 99 eclipse gsx that time) drove her from home to work or work to home whenever i couldn't. they were heavly modded and sk2 had spoon exhaust which was the loudest. from that experience, she hates evos, wrxs or stis and s2ks. especially she hates s2k the most because it only has 2 seats and stiff ride and was the loudest. that's why i couldn't buy s2k this time beside budget problem...she just goes nuts whenever i mention s2k.:readtherules:

I'll never forget the sound of spoon exhaust and the feeling of vtec in s2k.:vtec:

PS. in her point of view, my SI is small and loud with uncomfortable seats.....and IT's just CIVIC rather than SI.
But from your point of view............ it's :vtec: so just keep on smiling! I look forward to driving my car each and every day and it never fail's to put a smile on my face! :thumb:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good to see someone else loves their SI! :vtec:

Too much hate flowing around here...
I picked up my 06 si on monday... and its been love at first:vtec:

For the money I payed... its hard to think there is a better deal on the market at any price/performance point.

The slung back cabin and HUD make it feel like a damned fighter jet. The low guttural tone of the engine accoustics... are music to my ears.

And at about 6.3k revs... well, hell you know.

Whats all the hate about????

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
SO why does she hate the seats? I love them. My only issue is that the thigh suport doesnt come out. I wish you could extend it like you can in some other cars just to hold your legs a little more.

what color did you get?:thumb:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
the difference is not between coupes and sedans, it's because yours is an si, and her friend's is probably not. did you throw the specs at her? 60 more hp, only comes in manual, one of the best fwd handling cars there is, etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.