8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have read in the other thread I did regarding my e-mail to Modified Magazine, Hondata posted that they will indeed offer a programmable tuning solution for the 8th Gen Si. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt...ine-hondata-programmable-ecu-update-well.html

Here is what Hondata said in that thread: "We have been working hard for the last two years on a user programmable solution for the Civic Si. We are aware of the interest and need for such a product and it is our top priority."

This should put to rest any discussion on this forum regarding whether or not Hondata will come out with a tuning solution for the K20Z3 engine. While there are no specific details regarding the tuning parameters of the new Hondata product, we can now breathe a collective sigh of relief that our prayers have been answered. :pray:

I have been in contact with Hondata. They were polite enough to answer an e-mail sent to them. I cannot express how much this means to me and this community. I know that they are incredibly busy and hard at work developing our tuning answer. For them to take the time to come on this site, post in a thread and to answer an e-mail shows their professionalism and commitment to all of us.

At this time, we will need to continue being patient, knowing that a true Hondata tuning solution is just around the corner. Because of this, an entire new realm of performance will be opened up to us, both in N/A and in F/I situations.

In my e-mail, I did not ask when the tunable program will come out, nor did I ask how much it will cost. Additionally, I did not ask about any tuning features. The one thing I know for sure is that it will not be called, "K-Pro". K-Pro was a very specific tuning option for the '02-'04 RSX-S. The tuning parameters of that specific option are different from the K20Z3 engine.

This much I know: The name that is synonymous with extracting the most power out of Honda motors, the name that is synonymous with quality and precision, is finally coming out with a tuning solution for the seemingly abtruse K20Z3 engine.

I ask that members be respectful of Hondata in this thread and share your appreciation and excitement for the forthcoming product. Feel free to share you ideas, concerns and opinions about the Hondata user programmable tuning option. Some may question whether to have this thread or not. I feel it is important to correct misinformation that has been posted since SEMA of 2008. Members need to be assured that Hondata is working away at a programmable tuning solution for us.

One more thing: Hondata will be checking this thread from time to time. They may not answer specific questions, but they will be paying attention. So, don't expect them to post much, only monitor the thread to look for any inaccuracies. The fact that they took time to visit my other thread and will continue to do so shows their outstanding dedication to 8th Gen Civic.

Three cheers for Hondata! :dancing: :clapping: :kisssmiley: :dance: :woowoo: :vtec:

Addendum: Hip, hip, hooray!

Any comments that are hyper critical of Hondata, or question whether this thread should have been started will be deleted by me.

Those interested in purchasing a programmable Hondata ECU:
1. NitrousG35
2. xvoltm2
3. IceMurder
4. michinsi
5. cuzzbubba1
6. DatBigDude
7. WhiteKnoise
8. gx4th
9. Ainokea Si
10. FA5VL
11. Karim
12. Crusin w00kie
13. Blue_blur47
14. BigMoney8481
15. 06k2o
16. bouncer07
17. JEA86
18. gOzP
19. BlackHammer
20. K20 Elite
21. 1angelcivic
22. RR Si
23. eriki
24. lessthanwise
25. 07 FG 4Dr S.I.
26. Dizzle0420
27. skinsfn36
28. Otto X
29. ccking85
30. 07 Honda SI
31. 4 door
32. PalmBeachFG2
33. tuner student
34. lkdreamcast si
35. 2007civicsi
36. Teegs
37. insole23
38. lkdreamcast si
39. dirtysi
40. CivicBeater
41. fg21221
42. oHsevengg Si
43. dissectional
44. tsj sneaky
45. redline8500
46. r3v
47. vit0
48. jdizzle37
49. MTLcivicSI
50. DevilsSi1481
51. mitsukaiSI
52. tougEMII
53. 206si
54. K24fg
55. PanamaSi2007
56. UltraSi
57. IndyMike
58. Bossman
59. Topplayer
60. darkrom
61. mix
62. F-1 Si
63. salvatruco2004
64. Lev
65. K20Redline
65. infiniti 4 life
66. ImAuthenticFTW
67. 2xSi
68. Me[tal]xico
69. racereaper7
70. Soxfan143
71. rawhiteballer
72. vtecmike1
73. udumkid
74. realxlai
75. hondahead814
76. unlimitedSi [cost?]
77. CNUDIGIT
78. toucansam1203
79. GlassFabs
80. H0gie
81. hialeahzbg

·
Premium Member
11,559 Posts
:clapping: awesome work bill and :dancing::woot: for hondata

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wonder if those of us who already have the Hondata reflash will get some type of credit towards the new tuning solution or do we have to pay full price?
I believe I have read here on the site that there would be credit given to those who already have gotten the reflash. Don't quote me on that though.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
bout damn time...

wait...what? it still isn't out yet?

I believe I have read here on the site that there would be credit given to those who already have gotten the reflash. Don't quote me on that though.
Pretty sure it's been like that for past ecu/tuning solutions aka kpro...

Is it still too early to ask what they're calling it yet? So we can all say it right instead of using kpro?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bout damn time...

wait...what? it still isn't out yet?

Pretty sure it's been like that for past ecu/tuning solutions aka kpro...

Is it still too early to ask what they're calling it yet? So we can all say it right instead of using kpro?
From the information I received, no special name has been attached to it yet. Part of the issue with the release of it has been the protecting of the intellectual property of Hondata. There has to be a way of safeguarding the R&D/application done by Hondata from being replicated or stolen.

We all know about the cheap knockoff companies who copy a design and then sell it at e-bay prices. Many fantastic, reputable companies have been hurt by these miscreants who wait for a company to produce somethng, then steal the idea and try to resell it.

As the saying goes, "all good things come to those who wait". I am a patient man. This just gives me more time to save up for both the Hondata unit and some cams...

1 - 20 of 240 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.