8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Its Modification Time...Cams, Ecu...help me

1K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  junchoe7 
#1 ·
Hey guys...Greatings from Jamdown..

I need some advice on cams and ecu for my 2007 si coupe...HELP ME...

#2 ·
The real questions are is 'how much do you want to spend' and 'what are your goals'... because the average person who asks this on here does not have the time/money to make it worthwhile on this car. Its not easy, and its not cheap.

However... if you've got the time and $$ (think upwards of $5000) then you can do cams + cable throttle conversion and run dual ecu's with k-pro.

Besides that... you 'can' do cams with minor tuning via a piggyback, but you likely wont get the results you desire.

#10 ·
Im looking for more power...less headache....not sur i wanna convert to the old technology...but no one seems to have sorted out sumn for the drive by wire technology.....if i have to fork out excess of 5gs...i want sum real results...u kno wat i mean

What do u think about....comptech supercharger

#11 ·
it really doesnt have anything to do with DBW thats preventing things form coming out yet. Its other factors of the ecu and making it all work flawlessly which is the challenge... but it can be done. its just not cheap. which is why i asked that very 1st question

a quick look at my signature should tell you my opinion on the comptech sc.

#20 ·
you can try and go piggy back and go with greddy or apexi or aem type of system. but for now no one has any type of a all in one ecu system that works for our car. so in other words ... everyone just mentioned all you can do. your stuck until someone makes a tuning solution. till then, maybe get bolt ons like the rest of us .. intake . headers.. or try and get something to work for your car. neways good luck and let us now how it works out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.